iRobot is seeking a leader with strong customer care operations experience, customer-centric mindset and proven record of building, leading and growing best in class omnichannel customer care teams in a fast-growing environment. The Director of Customer Care Operations is responsible for the overall performance of customer care operations in North America including vendor performance, process/resource optimization and planning, budget and continuous improvement initiatives. This role leads the customer care operations team, call center partners to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction through the delivery of excellent customer service. This individual is responsible for the development and execution of strategic customer service-centric plans, programs and processes that will deliver a premium omnichannel experience.
The Director of Customer Care Operations will focus on driving improvements across the following strategic pillars:
- Eliminate contacts identify opportunities to automate, reduce contact volume and deliver proactive communication to target customers
- Reduce effort isolate and course correct agent controllable root-causes driving avoidable repeat calls
- Drive revenue identify agent behaviors tied to higher conversion
- Improve satisfaction optimize overall agent performance, knowledge and empathy
- Reduce waste design new contact flows for high volume issues, optimize agent and channel utilization
- Accelerate loyalty ongoing root-cause analysis to optimize the call experience
- Vendor engagement ensure vendors are engaged and aligned with iRobot Customer Care vision and strategy
- Optimize cost optimize service operating model to drive incremental efficiencies across customer care, repair centers and in-warranty support
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
- Provides strategic direction to customer care operations team in NA and LATAM regions, and outsourced partners to meet and exceed productivity, efficiency, revenue and experience metrics. Ensure service levels are met by analyzing call center data, channel performance, executing appropriate staffing levels, and making daily operational decisions necessary to achieve desired benchmarks
- Manage all aspect of outsourced vendors, contractual agreements, vendor scorecard and performance issues. Delivers monthly business reviews to senior leadership to outline wins and opportunities
- Responsible for the development and execution of customer centric, sales and process improvement plans that delight customers and optimize operations. Assure superior support levels are maintained while identifying and formulating long term quality improvement, cost reduction and growth strategies.
- Manage communication to distributors and repair facilities ensuring the latest product updates, new product launches, service-related information and logistics are aligned.
- Establish compliance and quality standards and ensure distributors meet the iRobot standards for customer service excellence and emphasize the iRobot brand
- Creates tools to allow Customer Management staff to better perform their jobs. Create a customer first culture that encourages staffs productivity and responsiveness to customer needs
- Works closely with key stakeholders to establish long term infrastructure strategy for customer care
- Executes customer care strategy, new product launches, services and programs. Ensures customer care readiness.
- Partners and builds close loop communication with key stakeholders to address opportunities that impact customer experience.
- Ability to recognize accompanying revenue stream/possibilities such as extended warranties, repair facilities, accessories, and service parts
- Manage in-warranty service planning, forecasting and budget. Partners cross functionality to improve the overall post purchase experience.
- B.A. /B.S. in Business or related field. MBA preferred
- 3+ years in a site director or customer care operations director role. Prior demonstrated success in a similar position (250+ person, omnichannel outsourced call centers, $1B+ product revenue, consumer products industry)
- Fully understands call center operations, service levels and success metrics. Ability to manage multi-layer teams and/or departments and vendors
- Previous experience managing a multimillion-dollar P&L required
- Demonstrated success in designing, developing, implementing a world class customer service organization for internal or external customers
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and influence individuals at all levels of the organization and to take appropriate risks
- Experience with managing vendor transition process, RFP and knowledge transfer during transitions
- Previous experience supporting consumer electronics, warranty and repair programs desired
- Experience with supporting premium brands with fast-growing digital channels (app, direct/ecommerce) preferred
- Change agent. Proven record of driving change and significant improvements in the customer care discipline
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills. Strong attention to detail. Ability to build operational reports, measure and track improvements.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills for a wide variety of audiences
- A demonstrable knowledge of contact center metrics, best practices and sound understanding of contact center workflow
- Ability to build business plans, resource planning and forecasting models
- Ability to manage large, multi-layered, remote teams required
- Knowledge of customer service systems development and deployment required
- Advanced technical proficiency using various call center platforms with functionality including Customer Relationships System (CRM), knowledge management tools, automated call distribution (ACD), Live Chat, SMS, self-service tools, conditional call routing, and call queuing strongly preferred. Computer proficiency including MS Office, customer information systems, order management and fulfillment systems
- Experience selecting and deploying omnichannel Customer Relationship Management systems
- Experience with WFM systems preferred
Candidate must be able to travel to customer care delivery sites, repair centers and distributors as needed