Office Tour Photos
TripAdvisor, the worlds largest travel destination, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With over 570 million reviews and opinions spanning the worlds largest selection of travel listings worldwide --- covering 7.3 million accommodations, airlines, attractions, and restaurants ---TripAdvisor provides travelers with the wisdom of the masses to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat. TripAdvisor-branded properties are available in 49 markets, and are home to the worlds largest travel community of 455 million average monthly unique visitors, all looking to get the most out of every trip.
With a trusted global brand, unmatched content and community, global leadership in Restaurants and Experiences and a recent organizational change bringing more focus to Customer Experience, TripAdvisor is well positioned for growth and innovation.
The mission of the Corporate Development & Strategy team is to accelerate the growth of the biggest destination in Travel, and be an agent of change and innovation throughout the organization.
The Teams responsibility is global in scope and spans all product lines and business units, making the team an interesting, challenging and valuable place to be within TripAdvisor. We are a small group of highly skilled, ambitious team players with diverse experience and a passion for building the best traveler experience, globally.
The Director of Strategy will help drive this mission by developing the TripAdvisor strategic planning process and the Corporate Strategy itself into a world-class effort and convincing, compelling and achievable product. He/she will build a Strategy that focuses on the intersection of compelling market opportunities and TripAdvisors competitive advantages and the integration of this into a TAs long-term financial plan.
In order to focus TripAdvisor on achieving our strategy, the Director will identify, and align the executive team on, strategic priorities, goals/objectives and key metrics as well as propose growth opportunities and changes to the business.
Personally, the Director will be an inspiring, creative, collaborative, and credible partner to our business units and executive management team members as the role will require a high degree of cross-functional collaboration and leadership with product management, finance, marketing, corporate & business development and operations all giving the Director great visibility and relationships across TripAdvisor.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Lead the development and execution of TAs long-range Corporate and Business Unit strategic plans, goals, objectives and key metrics, and the underlying corporate planning process
- Articulate TAs strategic vision, address business challenges using data-driven (non-financial and financial) and qualitative analyses, and be a steward of Strategy implementation across all areas of the Company
- Develop a detailed understanding of TripAdvisors business, portfolio and drivers, and build comprehensive and innovative competitive and market analyses, exploring new business models and key innovation areas
- Propose improvements to TripAdvisors corporate strategy and planning process using world-class best practices and frameworks, personal experience and personal, company and industry networks/contacts
- Propose new business opportunities, identify CD/BD opportunities, be a thought leader around out of the box opportunities for the Company
- Partner closely with TripAdvisor extended leadership, BU managers, and executive management on identifying and aligning around strategic priorities, guide build/buy/partner decisions
- Develop and maintain a definitive set of TripAdvisor Strategy documents, presentations and models
Additionally, you will exhibit the following competencies and characteristics:
- Effectively frame complex strategic problems in order to drive methodic resolution of them; Synthesize information and turn it into successful strategy
- Develop strategic points of view and recommendations with a strong data-driven and ROI orientation, and deliver proposed actions or solutions in the form of options
- Exhibit a clear, engaging, credible and convincing communication style to a wide variety of audiences, through both verbal, written and graphical means
- Be an organized, entrepreneurial self-starter; able to identify what needs to get done, then willing and able to make it happen
- Have a strong ability to motivate, guide and develop team members in the Corporate Development & Strategy group and other teammates supporting our initiatives
- Embody the highest degree of integrity, trustworthiness as well as corporate responsibility and commitment
- Possess strong analytical capabilities in terms of building P&Ls, advanced business modeling and valuation capabilities using MBA-level techniques and key internet, mobile, commerce and media metrics
As well as a:
- 10+ years of experience in Corporate Strategy roles, at either (or ideally both) a strategy consulting firm or an operating company; preferably publicly held. Experience or exposure to Corporate Development/M&A and commercial business development are pluses
- Track record of success in developing strategies for information technology companies ideally in consumer services, marketplaces, media with projects spanning new market entry, new revenue sources, product/tech capabilities and user growth
- BS/BA and ideally, MBA from top schools
More Jobs From