SimpliSafe is looking for a Director of Corporate Finance and Strategic Planning to provide leadership in managing the companys capital planning, corporate development, risk management and treasury functions. This position will drive the development of a new Financial Planning & Strategic Analysis group, and the presentation and interpretation of KPIs and business trends for senior management, BOD members, investors and lenders. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, this important position within the Finance team will be responsible for leading all corporate finance initiatives and elevating the level of financial planning across the business. In this role you will:
- Be responsible for capital planning, corporate development, treasury, risk management and lender/investor relations
- Build a world-classFinancial Planning & Analysis team
- Own the companys financial forecasting model, regularly updating all key inputs and monitoring/presenting all key outputs / variances for various stakeholders
- Develop and prepare financial reporting packages to be presented to senior management, investors, Board members and lenders
- Lead efforts in evaluating strategic initiatives, financing events, special projects and key business opportunities
- Interface regularly with the companys executive management team and private equity ownership group, to present timely data, analysis and insights to support executive decision-making process
- Manage the FP&A team for the annual budgeting process, working effectively with key managers across internal operational areas
- Assist in the development and analysis of KPIs that can be used across functional areas to identify business trends and help instruct key executive decisions
You are highly analytical with deep corporate finance knowledge combined with well-rounded business skills. You are intellectually curious, and a quick learner. You are energized by elevating the financial planning function within a fast-growing technology company, built on a strong recurring revenue model, owned by a top-tier financial sponsor. You are a self-motivated, proactive team player who always exhibits good judgment. You are a linear thinker, and a clear communicator. You are very organized, analytically rigorous and detailed-oriented -- able to meet critical deadlines consistently with thoughtful analysis / reporting / presentation materials. Other qualifications include:
- 7-10+ years' professional experience with a Bachelors degree; MBA highly valued;
- Investment banking, private equity and/or fast-paced corporate finance/FP&A experience reporting directly to a CFO strongly preferred;
- Experience regularly reporting / presenting to top-tier, late-stage private equity owners highly valued;
- Outstanding analytical skills and financial modeling acumen required;
- Extremely diligent, exhibiting rigorous attention to detail
- Strong technical finance and accounting skills;
- Superior communication skills with the ability to analyze and interpret data to identify key business trends;
- Ability to build solid relationships and establish credibility across all levels of the organization, with investors and executives and with other key external parties;
- A proven performer who is motivated, focused, passionate, and inspires confidence in employees and senior management, and
- Highest level of integrity in all his/her dealings with people inside and outside the Company, exemplifying high moral and ethical behavior.
SimpliSafe is a leading home security company that is disrupting the alarm industry with its award-winning security solution and pioneering self-install model. SimpliSafe combines thoughtfully-designed technology with industry-leading professional monitoring and verification all at fair and honest prices with no long-term contracts.
In August 2018, funds affiliated with Hellman & Friedman LLC acquired the company to support SimpliSafes expansion plans. SimpliSafe has experienced tremendous growth in recent years, becoming one of the largest and fastest growing home security providers in the U.S.
Throughout this expansion, the company has retained its small company ethos -- no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams focused on advancing the companys mission and making peoples lives better.
More Jobs From