Director, Consumer Engineering
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is seeking a visionary technological leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong interpersonal and managerial skills. As the leader of the Consumer Engineering teams, you will drive the direction and strategy of our work as we strive to present consumers with an intuitive and performant interface to connect each consumer with the right insurance option. You will cultivate and grow front-end engineering talent and a strong UX mindset throughout our teams.
You will work closely with Product Management to prioritize projects for the teams and set appropriate expectations for all stakeholders. You will work with stakeholders to set and deliver on expectations for key projects, assuming full responsibility for the teams efforts and planning.
Who you are:
- A strong team leader and people manager. You are able to hire, lead and inspire a cross functional team through strong relationships with team members, with stakeholders and with management.
- An excellent communicator. You proactively communicate technical decisions and progress in order to build trust in and for the team.
- Together with senior engineers, you are able to set and instill EverQuotes consumer-facing technical vision, evaluate new technologies, and improve time-to-market.
- Technically skilled; this is not necessarily a hands-on technical role, however, you must have significant and relevant prior experience in UX and consumer-facing web applications in order to help guide the teams technical direction.
- A talented technical project manager. You are able to estimate tasks, balance resources, and plan sprints to ensure progress on projects within the timeframes communicated.
- We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history, at the intersection of tech and big data
- Our company is profitable & established. A startup culture without startup anxiety.
- We encourage creative thinking and independent responsibilities
- Growth mindset culture regularly seeking to reflect and improve
- Genuinely data driven with analytics is at the core of the company
- Lunch catering to the office, fully-stocked kitchen, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
- We offer competitive salaries, fully paid health and dental insurance, 401K match, stock options and a relaxed & flexible work environment