Superpedestrian is engineering the future of Micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is comprised of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers ever assembled, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. We operate as LINK prioritizing safety from the inside out. Our unparalleled active vehicle monitoring, self-protection technologies, and robust mechanical design keep riders safe. Join us!
Superpedestrian is seeking a communications professional with strong social media, writing and editing skills to grow Superpedestrians public profile and generate high-impact earned and digital media. The ideal candidate has experience in a related field, such as transportation, urban policy, local government, public health or environmental advocacy.
Your primary audiences are potential riders, and the rapidly growing community of planners, policy makers, researchers and city regulators with whom Superpedestrian works to deliver safe, sustainable and equitable micromobilty. We are seeking a team member with experience engaging diverse communities.
You will report to Superpedestrians VP of Public Affairs. The role can be performed remotely anywhere in the US.
What You'Il Do:
- Formulate strategy and communications that connect with customers, drive ridership and expands Superpedestrians product and policy leadership in the micromobility industry
- Develop city- and neighborhood-specific messaging and communications that speak to our audience, proactively engage concerns and build trust
- Write/edit blog posts, newsletters, position papers, briefs and other communications materials
- Collaborate with myriad content partners
- Lead and collaborate with the broader communications and policy team and agency partners to execute select proactive earned media campaigns
- Initiate and manage partnerships with academics, consultants, policy institutions and advocacy groups
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to ensure that the companys engineering, software and operations excellence is powerfully translated to key audiences
- Serve as a deputy and collaborative partner to the VP of Public Affairs, developing new policy communications initiatives
Who you are:
- A confident and quick writer with experience in a relevant field
- Experience creating messaging materials, and working collaboratively with cross-functional groups including policy, marketing, and research
- Adept at working under deadlines
- Experience distilling complex policy and technology concepts into plain language
- Experience and relationships with news, policy and/or trade media
- Team player with 10+ years of communications or related experience
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan.
- Generous time off policy.
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.
- A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrians future.
- Equity in a fast growing company.
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please still apply! Wed love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.