The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Were currently seeking a strong and versatile leader with a proven history of success in technical support management and team development in cloud-based delivery environments. This role will have direct and dynamic leadership of our Cloud Database Support team, with direct program management responsibilities in driving our Cloud Technical Support initiative. This role reports directly to the SVP of Global Support Services. The right candidate will have a balance of the requirements and desired competencies, but more importantly, will demonstrate unique ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment weaving together such exciting models as open source databases and environments, cloud compute delivery and support, and the delivery of excellence to all scales of customer.
- Staff and lead the Cloud Database Support team members, with direct report responsibility in the Americas, and program ownership for the team globally.
- Represent the senior voice of Cloud Database Support leadership globally, while acting in constant collaboration with stakeholders across the company for distributed team members
- Develop and deliver process and delivery for Cloud Database Support
- Drive customer escalations in communication across senior leadership and key stakeholders
- Manage a program to define and deliver a globalized model of advanced support capabilities with both direct and dotted-line resources providing a 24x7 solution
- 5+ years of strong Cloud Platform experience, with a particular focus on primary providers (such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google GCP) and their key technologies.
- 5+ years of experience delivering technical support on as-a-Service platforms for enterprise customers. This should also strong awareness of compliance and security measures required in mature delivery modes.
- 10+ years of experience in customer-facing technical support management or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in delivery of complex technology to enterprise customers
- 10+ years of experience in executive communications and collaboration
- 10+ years of experience in collaboration with product management, product development and consulting strategies
- 10+ years of experience in mentorship and organizational leadership
- 5+ years of experience in organizational integration and global collaboration
- 5+ years of experience in OKR development and implementation
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics through both common platforms such as Tableau or Domo, as well as analytics as they pertain to CRM environments such as Salesforce or Jira.
- Strong practical knowledge of current technology and trends including, but not limited to:
- PostgreSQL or other database experience
- Orchestration platforms (IE, Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Cross-Cloud and Hybrid deployment models
- Virtualization (IE: VMware, Red Hat)
- Strong practical knowledge of current solution design patterns and common standards as it pertains to high availability, replication, backup and recovery, and monitoring in modern environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.