We are the Presto company - Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Presto, the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
We’re looking for a Director of Channels to lead our Channel Strategy. As the Director of Channels, you’ll have the opportunity to build our partner program from scratch and own the strategic and tactical execution of how Starburst goes to market with channel partners. You’ll build and execute on our channel partner strategy, own Executive relationships with partners, and drive our channel GTM in support of Starburst sales.
You’ll partner with the sales team to ensure they understand our strategy, know who our strategic partners are, and have the assets they need to be successful. You will work as close with the Alliances team to align GTM activities to maximize our success. You will also work with Partner Marketing to ensure we have all of the content, messaging and other channel GTM components necessary to enable our partners to drive our brand in the market.
This role reports to the Head of Partnerships. Looking for a passionate builder who is a creative, organized and seasoned channel professional in software and high technology.
What you'll do
- Assume ownership and optimization of existing channel partner portfolio
- Own and manage partner portal and partner program
- Pipeline, recruit, train, launch and grow partners strategically aligned to Starburst offering and GTM
- Own growth and measurement of channel business
- Support the sales org by delivering partner source pipeline, new ACV won and delivery of partner lead professional services
You'll be a great fit if:
- You get excited building things from scratch and have a proven track record of doing so with the Channel as well as the Partner practice.
- Love the fast pace of the start-up environment and want to hit the ground running
- Experience leading, growing and mentoring a geographically diverse team
- Deep experience with the SI channel ecosystem
- Experience in the Data and analytics, Open Source Space will be added bonus points
- 2 years minimum in a direct sales role for a high tech company
- 2 years in a partner / Channel Manager role with heavy SI focus
- 3 years generating pipeline and selling with System Integrators and Regional VARs
- Technically knowledgeable in the open source software, big data, IoT, and / or cloud computing space
- Location: Anywhere in North America; East Coast Preferred
How we will measure success
- Channel Partner Enablement activities (sales and pre sales training, certification, marketing events and campaigns)
- Channel Partner sourced KPI’s (deal reg, meetings, deals, CW ACV and PS/Influenced deals)
Location: Anywhere, North America (East Coast preferred)
Headquartered in Boston MA with an office in Warsaw, Poland and with engineers across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.