As the Business Development Representative (BDR) Manager, you will develop and grow the BDR skill sets to help them progress in their sales careers and will serve as the Go-To expert in the sales organization for best outbound pipeline generation practices. The BDR Manager will report directly to our Chief Revenue Officer, and will build and manage a team of 10 Business Development Representatives. Your priority will be to Coach and empower your team, providing guidance on all aspects of the sales process and best practices, building pipeline and driving qualified opportunities for the sales organization. As the BDR Manager, you will help all members of the team strategize the best way to target accounts and develop new opportunities for our Corporate, Global, and Enterprise sales teams. You will work with the Sales Enablement team to provide the BDR’s with continuous learning to help them overachieve their quota and identify and make recommendations for improvement on phone and email outreach. The ideal candidate has prior experience leading a team of BDRs at an enterprise SaaS company. You will have an intimate knowledge of challenges BDRs commonly face on a daily basis and best practices as to how to overcome those challenges. The ideal candidate is someone who has previously been in a quota carrying role and overachieved in it. You will be an enthusiastic and motivational leader who can foster collaboration within the BDR team and across the sales team members.
- Recruit, coach, mentor, and motivate a team of 10 BDRs to help each individual overachieve quota.
- Drive qualified sales meetings for the Sales teams resulting in top of funnel pipeline
- Identify and make recommendations to help improve productivity, efficiency, and process
- Influence a repeatable scalable process for generating pipeline as the company scales
- Establish 30-60-90 day plans for BDR roles
- Create and deliver accurate analysis on individual/team results and maintain reporting to accurately track and manage BDR sales metrics
- Conduct weekly 1:1s with each BDR team member, and drive career progression paths for BDRs
- Work closely with Sales representatives and management to ensure lead quality and quantity and align territory strategy tactics and foster collaboration with mid-market and field sales representatives to penetrate targeted accounts and identify sales opportunities.
- Work with Sales Enablement to schedule individual and team training plans on a regular basis
- Create open-communication, driving a fun and successful sales team climate
- High degree of motivation, energy, and creativity in a fast paced organization
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Manager
- Understanding of sales process and best practices - preferably within a direct, B2B outbound sales environment
- Experience with sales management and lead gen software tools (SFDC, Linked in, Zoom, etc)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience managing and improving BDR KPIs
- Consistent track record of quota overachievement as manager
- Results oriented, metrics driven track record
- Strong organizational and team management skills
- Preferably a BS degree in Business, Marketing or relevant field
- General skills: Motivating Others, Team building, Providing Feedback, Coaching, Self-Development, Motivation for Sales, Self-Confidence, Sales Planning, Orienting Employees
More Jobs From