The ideal Director of Business Development has a strong background in building go-to-market partnerships to sell complex enterprise deals. They have been successful working in a client-facing capacity and carrying a number for the partner channel. They must also have experience driving technical sales as well as project managing between sales, engineering and product teams internally.
The ideal candidate will lead a strategic approach in scaling our partner program, which focuses on large software organizations that wish to extend their capabilities by integrating Mautic into their products. She/he will execute on a blend of sales, executive alignment and partnership-building activities. Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, including working 6- and 7-figure deals that involve OEM, integration and/or white labeling.
We’re seeking someone with a proven track record of testing different approaches, including developing target customer profiles, action plans for reaching new customers, evangelizing, and managing large partners. The candidate will understand how to move a deal forward, ideally leveraging MEDDIC sales methodology and has experience managing teams, internal resources and external partner relationships.
- Experience selling SaaS software, preferably in the marketing or sales tech space
- Experience selling solutions that involved OEM, systems integration via API and/or white labeling
- Experience managing 6-figure pilots and 7-figure recurring relationships with other software firms
- Strategic and analytical thinking, strong project management skills as well as problem-solving skills
- Sound judgment, someone who can solve issues quickly and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to help a partner build a business case with minimal guidance
- Work in a highly collaborative environment but can also influence accordingly. Must be able to demonstrate results individually as well as through others.
- Work with various parts of the Mautic organization such as product, engineering, marketing and direct sales to identify and prioritize ideal customer profiles and needs for 3rd party partnerships.
- Source customers and conduct all due diligence including opportunity, threat, gaps and potential areas of risk
- Work with legal internally and externally and close agreements with clients directly
- Run full sales cycle including - Discovery, Demonstration, Proposal, Legal and Close, as well as manage all upsell and cross-sell with client
- Maintain Pipedrive CRM with all data interactions with prospects and clients
- Ability to travel 25-50%, primarily domestic