New to market, incredibly innovative, and already recognized as one of the Boston Globes Top Places to Work, Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR) rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. Engaging twice as many muscles as cycling (86%, in fact), Hydrows interactive technology delivers challenging virtual workouts, including On the Mat offerings like Yoga (Strength, Mobility) and Pilates from gorgeous locations around the world.
Hydrow connects members with an entire community of fellow rowers who experience the rivers and waterways of the world together in synchrony. You, too, can be part of that community. At Hydrow, youll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? Thats because it is!
We are looking for a Director of Brand, who will work alongside leaders across Marketing, Sales, Experience, Product and Community to deliver best-in-class brand experiences.
You will collaborate with our sales team to create and deliver content, work with the product team on consumer and brand research, and make sure the brand is felt throughout all consumer touchpoints. You will also support our retail teams and ensure that our physical shopping experiences are an inspiring and consistent manifestation of the brand.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Developing the brands annual marketing plan, aligning to our organizational priorities and financial goals, and inclusive of brand, general awareness, partnership and promotional programming.
- Driving brand value proposition and crystallization project with brand agency
- Leading execution of the marketing plan by partnering with our creative agency, in-house product team, in-house and external research partners and sales team
- Leading our brand partnerships agenda and collaborating our business development and team on strategy within the context of these relationships
- Briefing and judging media plans and collaborating with our media agency on optimization decisions, both short and medium-longer term
- Briefing and judging creative and collaborating with our sales teams on A/B testing and optimization
- Leading our agency relationship(s)Unlocking brand awareness media while taking a balanced approach to funnel investment mix and achieving performance KPIs
- Balancing brand comms that are emotionally led with those that are functionally led for strategic deployment along the customer journey
- Collaborating with sales/web team on the development and/or optimization of landing pages that ensure seamless customers journeys
- Finding ways to build operating leverage in the business through gains in Paid efficiency and organic purchase conversions
- Collaborating with Data Science to define and align measurement frameworks for brand and product marketing through the funnel
- Working with our research team on our qualitative and quantitative consumer research agenda in terms of initiatives around motivations, behaviors, attitudes and latent needs
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- 10+ years of consumer brand management, ideally in both corporate and startup eCommerce environments; experience in fitness, hardware and subscription models is a plus
- Experience building direct-to-consumer brands through the full brand lifecycle
- Proven track record in connecting brand and product marketing to measurable customer and business outcomes
- Ability to blend digital and traditional marketing channels in cohesive customer- first campaigns
- Able to provide leadership, mentorship and build internal culture
- Comfortable in high-growth, fast-paced, self-starter environment
- Expert in utilizing a number of different methodologies to understand customer behavior, identify opportunity areas and pivot marketing plans to unlock growth
- Balanced approach to the art and science of truly great marketing
- An entrepreneurial spirit, and willingness to take on new challenges and risks
- Strong strategic marketing capability with willingness to roll up your sleeves and get it done in execution
- Ability to calibrate myriad growth opportunities and determine order of priorities with the biggest payoffs
REPORTS TO: Chief Marketing Officer
Started in November 2017, Hydrow is growing by leaps and bounds. In fact, the company has received multiple rounds of major investments, bringing the Series A total to an impressive $52M - most recently led by L Catterton, the largest, most global consumer-focused private equity firm. Other investments include prominent names in sports and technology, including Rx3 Ventures (co-founded by Green Bay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rodgers), Wheelhouse, The Raptor Group and The Yard Ventures. This funding will further fuel Hydrow's already impressive trajectory, focusing on content expansion and marketing outreach. The Hydrow experience will soon be promoted to hundreds of thousands of new customers.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.