At Wellframe, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey.
Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem: the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate their health and care, but know that technology alone cant help us achieve this ambition. Thats why our team of physicians, clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare work best.
We are looking for a talented, CPA qualified, Director of Accounting to join our team. This role is responsible for accounting, reporting and payroll across all sections of our business as well as managing a team of direct reports. This position will play a key part in guiding our finance team as we continue to scale the company.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Leading and overseeing the monthly, quarterly and annual close and reporting processes.
- Monitoring daily AR/AP transaction activity and review monthly reconciliations and journal entries prepared by team members.
- Ensuring accurate classification of all expenses by type and functional categories.
- Maintaining and reviewing monthly reconciliations pertaining to income statement & balance sheets.
- Leading technical accounting projects, including but not limited to, reviews of customer contracts for ASC 606 revenue recognition, cost capitalization, debt & equity transactions and preparation of technical documentation for various complex and non-routine transactions.
- Taking an active lead in the relationships with the bank and external audit and tax firms, and prepare and review schedules for the annual audit.
- Developing strategy to maintain compliance with various state and federal tax requirements.
- Guiding and mentoring accounting and payroll team members to promote a culture of collaboration, support and growth.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Creating and reviewing monthly, quarterly and annual GAAP financial statements for internal and external distribution.
- Collaborating with Senior Director of Finance to interpret and review financial information and assist in development of annual budget and quarterly forecast.
- Supporting the Senior Director of Finance and CFO in various ad hoc analytical projects that deliver key insights for making critical business decisions.
- Overseeing and reviewing biweekly payroll processing.
- Reviewing quarterly tax filings and packages.
- Overseeing annual W2 preparation, reconciliation and distribution
Experience, & Skills Required
- 10+ years of accounting/finance experience, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- CPA required (public accounting experience a plus).
- Experience of working for a SaaS company.
- Financial reporting experience (preparation of financial statements, investor reporting, working with external auditors).
- Experience with NetSuite.
- Experience mentoring and teaching team members in a fast paced, player/coach setting.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Business, MBA a plus.
- Experience of close collaboration and combined effort with FP&A is a nice to have.
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.