Director, Account Management
Liaison, named to Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work, offers the following:
A place to work with fun, smart, collaborative and driven people. Liaison is unique in that we are an established and profitable company but have that fast-paced energy and feel of a start-up. Our SaaS based admissions management software and services helps millions of students take the next step in their academic career and is utilized by over 5,000 academic programs!!
The Director of Account Management, reporting to the Vice President of Client Success, maintains and expands relationships with our association and program clients. In this position, you will become the owner of a portfolio of clients.
You will act as an ambassador between our clients and Liaison. Cultivate and manage client relationships to support our clients and Liaison’s business goals. Primary responsibilities will include (1) maintaining strong and positive account relationships, with Association and UniCAS clients, ensuring client satisfaction relating to day-to-day operations; (2) assist with new client onboarding, support and training; and (3) educate and engage with end-users to use the full suite of Liaison product and services offerings. In this role, you shall be the central point of contact for the Client and the Company with respect to general account issues (versus specific functional areas). You will be responsible for building and maintaining strong, long-lasting client relationships with key individuals and stakeholders while maintaining high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
You will partner and collaborate with Client Delivery, Product Development, Training and Knowledge Management, Software Development, Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR and Support to see that our Client’s account needs are being satisfied. Utilizing Liaison onboarding resources, you will be responsible for ensuring customers are proficient in using our services by providing training and consultative services to Associations, Universities and Programs.
- Identify specific account challenges and opportunities and determine a priority for them. Communicate the same with appropriate Liaison departments. Collaborate internally with departments to develop response plan and communicate the same to client.
- Serve as a key resource in providing Tier 1 and 2 support to key accounts and act as our client’s proxy to our development, QA, operations, product management and executive staffs.
- Conduct regular account reviews to ensure client satisfaction. Meet regularly (in person and by phone) with Association clients, key strategic schools and programs and “super users”.
- Utilizing Liaison onboarding resources, you will be responsible for ensuring customers are proficient in using services by identifying user needs and providing training and consultative services. Collaborate with the Training and Knowledge Management department who will develop the schedule, agenda and content for such series.
- Provide senior management with regularly scheduled updates and reports on client portfolio to discuss account health, opportunities, risks, etc.
- Drive cross-functional teams to develop and implement solutions.
- 5+ years of strong client management experience. Demonstrated track record of developing senior level client relationships. Strong client references are necessary.
- Knowledge of college admissions and enrollment processes, especially at the graduate level
- Knowledge of CAS preferred
- Exceptional collaborative abilities. Proven experience in working cross-functionally across an organization. Strong peer and supervisor references required. Ability to collaborate effectively at all levels and functions.
- A love for creative thinking and analytical problem solving.
- Ability to work in an everchanging, fast paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to communicate the same to a non-technical audience.