Director Academic Planning
The Academic Planning and Analytics Director will partner with the field sales organization, district customers, and the multiple teams at HMH to custom design academic product and service solutions to match the needs of school districts. This support will be primarily based on her/his professional background and expertise in data analytics.
- Meet with customers to explore their academic needs.
- Develop concept papers showing the potential match between customer needs and a wide range of HMH products and service offerings.
- Work with the customer, Account Executive and HMH team to develop a final proposal for presentation.
- Work with the Account Executive to close the sale
- Transfer daily management of a given project to an HMH Implementation Manager
- Maintain quarterly contact with the customer through the execution of the project
- Work collaboratively with Account Executives, Regional Directors, General Managers, and National Sales Manager to identify sales prospects, develop sales relationships, and explore integrated solution sales opportunities.
- Have a specific educational domain expertise, backed by formal education and/or years of relevant experience, to use in establishing a trusted consultative relationship with customers.
- Work with multiple sales and implementation personnel to draw materials and service offerings from multiple groups into a cohesive concept proposal and price proposal.
- Successfully support in closing sales.
- Work with implementation managers and colleagues in sales to maintain and cultivate customer relationships over time, to maximize opportunities for expansion sales.
- Learn to use proprietary quantitative tools in small group and large group presentations before district leadership teams.
- Respond in a timely manner to all customer requests, thus securing a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Master’s Degree in Education or Business (Ph.D. or Ed.D. Preferred)
- Previous education consulting experience working with Superintendents and cabinet level administrators.
- 5 years previous experience at K12 district administration level role, cabinet level is preferred.
- Deep demonstrated domain expertise and a proven track record in an area such as education leadership, instructional leadership, strategic planning, and/or educational finance.
- Possess the ability to understand, present, and leverage data to support in uncovering opportunity
- Experience mentoring, coaching or managing teachers and/or trainers.
- Experience building and managing a team.
- Expertise with PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Superior written, interpersonal and group presentation communication skills.
Acceptable driving record required.
- Relevant graduate degree, Ph.D. or Ed.D. degree preferred.
- Prior teaching and/or administrative experience preferred.
- Previous K12 cabinet level role preferred.
- Understanding of continuum of learning for literacy and mathematics preferred.
- Knowledge of HMH programs and services preferred.
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams and as well as work independently
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.