Office Tour Photos
Director of Academic Management North America
Are you ready for the next step in your academic management career? If you have experience in International Education management, this is your opportunity to step up and oversee the academic management of 14 Language centers.
EF Education First is looking for a new Director of Academic Management. Based in Boston, you will be responsible for the management of academic operations of our schools in the USA and Canada.
Your role is key into creating and maintaining the highest academic standards in our centers, and ensuring the best academic experience for our students, from placement to tuition and graduation.
Your areas of responsibilities will include:
- Directing and motivating academic staff as we take forward the direction of language teaching worldwide
- Managing the Academic teams (from hiring to training, motivating, growing and developing)
- Training Directors of Studies and teachers on unique materials developed by our central academic teams
- Putting in place quality control measure plans, such as teachers observations, and ensuring the highest level of tuition by managing a professional development path for teachers.
- Keeping economic indicators at appropriate levels (such as class size average, teaching hour bank utilization)
- Supporting the schools through our accreditation reviews and ensuring a positive result.
- Taking part into the development of academic material
- Participating in speaking engagements on academic topics
The position includes regular travel to exciting cities, including New York, Miami, Toronto, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Vancouver, and Chicago, as well as attending academic management meetings in key EF offices.
As an ideal candidate, you should have at least 3 years of experience in education management, must be an excellent communicator and willing to inspire your team to follow you in realizing our academic projects and goals.
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
More Jobs From