Job Description Summary
Digital Solutions Architect
Zipcar is the world’s largest shared-mobility company. We are adding talent to our engineering organization at our Boston office in the Seaport. We are looking for capable, passionate people with great ideas to join the Zipcar family. Our work environment is as supportive, diverse, and as fun as our brand. If you’re results-oriented, dedicated, and ready to contribute to an unparalleled member experience for our community of Zipsters, we encourage you to apply.
To learn more about Zipcar, what we do, and how we do it, visit zipcar.com. For further employment opportunities, visit http://www.zipcar.com/about/jobs
- Work closely with product designers, product managers, marketing, and quality engineers to turn ideation into reality
- Participate in solution discussions, being part of the solution choices made and communicate to the business on the benefits/setbacks of those solution choices
- Propose solutions to technical constraints using technical expertise and experience, as well as provide expertise for escalated quality problems, and anticipate bottlenecks in the development cycle
- Define & maintain the technical roadmaps for web & mobile applications
- Mentor engineers, drive architecture decisions, conduct insightful code reviews
- Strive for continuous improvement of the Zipcar member experience
- Define and drive web & mobile development best practices
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience working with front-end web frameworks & mobile technologies
- Proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including web development, service-oriented architecture, cloud computing, test driven development and domain driven design
- Cutting-edge grasp of SEO-friendly practices and Google Analytics
- Proficiency in popular web technologies such as CSS, React, Redux, Angular, React, Flutter, Vue, Ember.js, Meteor, node.js, Backbone etc.
- Experience with mobile frameworks (Swift iOS, React Native, Xamarin, ionic) and mobile interface design
- Experience with mobile device management platforms, security and distribution of mobile applications.
- Clear verbal and written communication; demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers from a variety of disciplines
- Ability to develop and maintain applicable industry knowledge and best practices
As a member of the Zipcar Team you will receive:
- Competitive Compensation
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Free Membership
- Discounts on services, products and much more
- While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted.
Zipcar is an EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
To all recruitment agencies: Zipcar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zipcar employees or any other company location. Zipcar is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
More Jobs From