The Product Owner (PO) is a member of the Agile Product Team responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog. This is an instrumental role in driving day to day development for a digital pharmacy Security across multiple business units. Responsible for streamlining the execution of team priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features/ components for the team. The PO has a significant role in quality control and is the only team member empowered to accept stories as done.
1. User Story Development
Works with product management and stakeholders to align on business value, problem statements, and customer pain points that are strategic priorities for CVS Health
Provides subject matter expertise explaining product vision and user stories to the team to ensure requirements are understood and customer value is delivered
Collaborates with development team to elaborate and define technical learnings into refined and prioritized backlog items that align to Iteration Objectives.
Responsible for defining and prioritizing stories that will increase velocity and quality of the program
Responsible for assuring a level of quality has been achieved by validating that the Story meets acceptance criteria and has met acceptance tests. Approves stories as complete.
Responsible to update product management on Story status to align on delivery expectations
2. Team Backlog Ownership/Prioritization
Responsible for building, prioritizing, monitoring/editing, and maintaining the flow of Team Backlog to ensure the delivery of the customer satisfaction and multi-million dollar business value
Sets the runway for early business value and customer impact by determining sequencing of sprint planning
Leads the team in identifying dependencies and tradeoffs as well as problem solving risks that may appear in the Team Backlog
3. Program Increment Planning
Partner with Product Management, who is responsible for the Program Backlog, to assist in preparing for the Program Increment (PI) Planning meeting.
Identify the potential enablers and spikes for discussion in the Program Increment
Drafts the teams objectives and defines features for the Program Increment session
Collaborates with the team to produce the PI system demo and the Product Owner presents it to program stakeholders.
4. Maintain Conceptual and Technical Integrity of Features/Components
Partner with design function to consider usability testing and end-user feedback to ensure product will address and resolve user pain points
Provide architecture and development teams sufficiently detailed feedback on user stories and product vision to ensure the team maintains the technical integrity of features / functionality
3+ years required security experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Project Manager, Consulting, IT, or related field.
1. Strong critical thinker who makes balanced, insightful decisions using solutions based thinking in problem solving, asking probing questions and looking for underlying issues
2. Ability to effectively work on teams within a highly collaborative environment.
3. Strong negotiation, organizational, management, analytical and people skills
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
5. Ability to maintain working relationships with all levels of the organization.
6. Broad understanding of core programming and computer science concepts
7. Experience in healthcare industry preferred
8. Familiarity with agile processes, such as scrum, Kanban, and/or the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
9. Previous experience with Agile product development
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
More Jobs From