Are you fascinated with designing and optimizing customer-centric billing solutions and procedures? Do you love process improvement and automation? Are you excited about joining a fast-growing PE-backed company to help create best-in-class billing procedures that will eliminate friction with our customers and allow for seamless sales to cash reconciliations? Do you love cross-functional collaboration?
If the above sounds like you, wed love to hear from you!
The mission of SimpliSafe is to keep every home secure. It is our belief that being safe should be simple. SimpliSafe designs home security systems that are wireless, cellular and so user-friendly that they can be set up by anyone in minutes. In addition to our great products, SimpliSafe offers seamless 24/7 professional monitoring services, without the long-term contracts nor sky-high prices of traditional alarm companies. Simply put, were on an industry-disruptive mission to keep every home safe.
Founded in 2006, SimpliSafe is based in the heart of Boston, Massachusetts. In 2014, we were ranked in The Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing private companies in the US with a 3,000%+ three-year growth rate. In July 2020, CNET named SimpliSafe the best do-it-yourself alarm system. Fast forward to today, we protect over 2 million Americans and that number is fast rising. SimpliSafe is ushering in a new era, one where anyone anywhere can have a security system that is not only simple but also on the cutting edge.
The Digital Payments Optimization Lead will report to the Global Controller and fill a key role on the Finance team at SimpliSafe. You will partner cross-functionally to help design, implement and optimize billing processes for SimpliSafes customer base to ensure a seamless billing experience. You will develop and prepare reports on billing performance and establish KPIs that will help drive improvement and provide key stakeholders with appropriate levels of visibility. You will also play an integral role in the development and implementation of a third party billing and revenue recognition technology application. As SimpliSafes Digital Payments Optimization Lead, you will be the go-to-person and resident expert for all billing-related topics.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Work cross-functionally to develop, drive and evolve our payment strategy, including billing, fraud, risk, returns and bad debt
- Identify and coordinate payment optimization initiatives with internal and external partners
- Partner with internal stakeholders to thoughtfully architect and implement new payment solutions as new business requirements arise
- Monitor billing platform performance, and partner with internal and external resources to detect and troubleshoot production anomalies, errors and issues
- Participate in the design and implementation of a third party subscription billing system
- Identify and develop fraud and risk mitigation factors across all lines of business and sales channels
- Optimize the refund and chargebacks processes
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners, including card processors, third party billing platforms and consultants
- Assist in developing, monitoring and reporting on key metrics
- Help build out payments capabilities to expand internationally
WHAT YOULL NEED:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 6+ years of relevant billing operations experience, preferably in a high-growth subscription business
- Strong understanding of billing and collections processes and basic accounting reconciliations
- Proven success in optimizing credit card processing fees and in delivering significant cost savings
- In-depth knowledge about credit card scheme and economics of various players in the value chain
- Experience with various digital payment methods
- Proven track record in value creation, including improving authorization rates and minimizing chargeback costs
- Commitment to operational excellence and accuracy in billing
- Experience using Zuora and NetSuite, a plus
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships cross-functionally
- Youre a detail-oriented problem solver, with tenacity and no ego that thrives in a fast-paced environment