The DevOps team is responsible for Operations at Lola.com, including various mission critical systems, while supporting Development. As a senior member of DevOps you will be responsible for architecting and building new systems as well as managing existing systems. You will work closely with the development teams and the rest of engineering to make sure both groups goals are aligned - and have a blast doing it!
What youll be doing:
- Streamline development release processes with some of the most cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes and ArgoCD
- Build internal cloud native microservices with Python to make DevOps and Engineerings jobs easier
- Manage and monitor existing and new services while aiding Developers to do the same
- Consult with Developers on newer architecture and help scale/troubleshoot existing architecture
- Manage and Automate our AWS infrastructure with Terraform
- Aid in local development, leveraging technologies like Kustomize and Tilt
- Forge greater working relationships with the rest of engineering, sharing with and learning from others
- Stay current with whatevers on the horizon, evaluating and implementing solutions that align with Lolas and DevOps needs
- Experience building and operating Kubernetes clusters in production
- Ability to self start and deep dive into upcoming technologies
- Experience with Linux servers and associated software, plus network infrastructure - all in a cloud environment AWS/GCP/Azure/DigitalOcean.
- Thorough understanding of software development processes (Git, branching, testing, CI/CD)
- Experience with process automation systems, e.g. Jenkins
- Python scripting capabilities or equivalent
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with containerization (Docker, containerd)
- Willing to participate in an 24/7 on-call rotation and experience with incident management and post mortem follow ups
- Interpersonal skills working with various levels of management and colleagues
- Organizational skills working on multiple projects and/or assignments simultaneously
- YAML connoisseur - just checking to see if youre still reading this...
- Knowledge of corporate security obligations, including PCI and/or SOX compliance is a plus
As a team we value curiosity, generosity, and passion. We believe that we're stronger together, and we seek out opportunities to learn from each other and to share what we know with the rest of the team. We also believe that focusing on the customer and developing a sense of empathy and compassion for our customers is key to the success of our product and our engineering organization.
At Lola.com, we celebrate diversity and consider it key to our success as a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.