Agero is powering the next generation of software-enabled driver safety services and technology, pushing the limits of big data to transform the entire driving experience. The majority of leading vehicle manufacturers and insurance providers use Ageros roadside assistance, accident management, dispatch, consumer affairs and telematics innovations to strengthen their businesses and create stronger, lasting connections with their customers. Together, were making driving smarter and safer for everyone.
About the Role:
This position leads the Cloud DevOps team and has overall responsibility of our AWS cloud shared services and infrastructure, database platforms, on-premise datacenter systems, and data exchange services. As a cloud first company our AWS implementation is a critical part of the ongoing success for our teams. The Cloud DevOps manager leads the team charged with the successful, secure, and efficient usage of cloud infrastructure services throughout the company. Collaboration with product and engineering teams to support their needs for CI/CD pipeline automation, cloud infrastructure demands, and ongoing product enhancements is critical to the role. In addition to AWS we support our teams usage of Azure, GCP, and Heroku where appropriate, and the Cloud DevOps team has responsibilities for our core platform databases; our lightweight on-premise footprint, and our B2B data exchanges with clients and vendors.
- Integrate next generation pipelines for CI/CD with latest serverless technologies
- Drive efforts related to chaos engineering to provide for improved resiliency
- Implement fully automated regional disaster recovery failover processes
- Responsible for AWS cloud infrastructure including multi-account architecture and implementation, centralized IAM and SSO, and account provisioning automation.
- Implement and own Code deployment pipelines for CI/CD for elastic beanstalk, Fargate, and Lambda / serverless solutions.
- Solution architecture lead for the implementation of solutions leveraging AWS Lambda, Fargate, EKS, ECS, SSM
- Automation and programing leadership for CLI & API automation leveraging Python and IaaC tools such as CloudFormation, Serverless Framework, TerraForm, and YAML.
- Cost and budget adherence for cloud platforms and supported products and technologies
- Maintain vendor relationships for products and technologies leveraged
- Maintain license compliance for products and technologies leveraged
- Leadership for database technologies and support
- Leadership for virtualization technologies used within on-premise datacenters
- Leadership for B2B api gateway technologies
- Leadership for MFT solutions
- Oversight for our L1 & L2 support teams for the technologies within the teams responsibility.
- Design and implantation of solutions for high availability, business continuity, and disaster recovery.
- Execution of regular disaster recovery test exercises
- Maintain understanding of industry best practices and leading-edge technologies and adopt as appropriate
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams on new technologies and features available in cloud providers.
- Drive down inefficiencies and enhance cost savings for operational workflow across all platforms
- Responsible for developing and training team members.
- Regularly review and identify process improvement opportunities and implement changes in collaboration with process owner and other technology functions. Champion and provide oversight to ensure adherence to established processes, tools and methodologies.
Skills, Experience and Education:
EDUCATION: B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or relevant work experience
Minimum years of work experience: 7+ years of experience in large complex information systems, and/or Cloud environments.
- Broad experience in troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems covering application, cloud, OS, networking, and storage areas.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to manage / lead 5+ team members
- Strong understanding of enterprise application architecture and cloud technologies
- Experience developing and deploying complex software solutions
- Strategic relationship and partnership building skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational, communication skills
- Familiarity with cloud support engineering practices.
- Well versed in AWS cloud environments and management including direct work with customer support for maintenance and repair requests.
- Ability to failover and handle datacenter/cloud region outages.
- Good hands-on experience of these technologies including AWS, Python, CloudFormation, Azure DevOps, GitHub, CodePipeline, EC2, VPC
- Database knowledge in Oracle, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- B2B integration technologies GlobalScape, Axway API Gateway, Apigee
- Virtualization technologies VMWare and Nutanix
- Working experience in Linux and Windows based production environments and strong knowledge in fundamentals and internals file systems, memory management, threads and processes
- Strong understanding of networking protocols, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers and load balancing.
- Ability to solve operational related challenges through automation or process related improvements
- Ability to develop and plan for longer term projects to directly impact the Cloud DevOps and Line Of Business (LOB) relationship and our understanding and ability to support the related products.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: May interact with external customers
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS This position may require off-hour and or weekend work specific to software releases. Travel will not exceed 10%.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD TO OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.