Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we dont plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately cant help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who can build and mature applications with client and server-side resources, with a particular focus on the CI/CD processes, release workflow, testing, and automation in our Starburst Galaxy SaaS/PaaS product.
As a DevOps Engineer, youll be working to design and implement the full-stack test suite of our products. This includes building functionality and scalability into every level as part of a dynamic and fun team. Daily tasks may include developing test pipelines, building a production monitoring and alerting platform, or building tools to test performance in multiple cloud-based environments.
- Build out end-to-end automation of microservices for SaaS releases
- Plan and coordinate execution of a full-stack testing plan for the entire application.
- Implement regression and performance tests
- Design and implement performance and health monitors for both front- and back-end infrastructure
- Write tests and contribute to ongoing automation infrastructure development
- Maintain and enhance the testing and deployment pipeline, including documentation
- Collaborate with teams globally across multiple time zones and operate in an Agile development environment
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment on a growing team with limitless potential
- A passion for Software Engineering and interest in all phases of the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Proficiency in Java test frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG
- Proficiency in web application test frameworks such as Selenium, Puppeteer, Jasmine, Jest, Cypress
- Experience in Java
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Significant experience using tools for deploying and monitoring SaaS applications
- Comfortable with modern HTML and CSS technology stack
- Demonstrated experience with good engineering practices and software craftsmanship
- Appreciation for maintainable, working, high quality software
- Proficiency with Helm charts and blue/green deployments with Kubernetes
- MPP architectures
- Usability and user experience
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.