DevOps Engineer IV
Zipcar is the world’s largest shared-mobility company. We have a rich software stack with which we solve a wide range of challenges: embedded custom hardware and firmware, mobile-first user experience, analytics, scalable real-time scheduling and monitoring, etc.
The technology choices we’re standardizing on are:
- Service-oriented / microservice architecture using message queues for internal communication, with services mainly written for the JDK (Java/Groovy) and Ruby
- Modern continuous delivery, using technologies including Concourse, CloudFoundry, Docker, and BOSH
- Native mobile applications on Android and iOS – mobile-first wherever it makes sense
- Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Cassandra, Apache Spark, machine learning, to make informed business decisions
We are looking for capable, passionate people with great ideas to join the Zipcar family. Our work environment is as supportive, diverse, and as fun as our brand. If you’re results-oriented, dedicated, and ready to contribute to an unparalleled member experience for our community of Zipsters, we encourage you to apply.
To learn more about Zipcar, what we do, and how we do it, visit zipcar.com. For further employment opportunities, visit http://www.zipcar.com/careers
- Design, implement, deliver, and maintain our application infrastructure.
- Prioritize design choices that enable rapid development, integrated testing, and high performance
- Work closely with software engineers, product designers, product managers and quality engineers to turn requirements and design documents into scalable, elegant production software
- Mentor junior engineers, contribute to architecture decisions, conduct insightful code reviews
- Strive for continuous improvement of the Zipcar member experience
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation supporting Zipcar production environment.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with a 24/7 production environment, managing hundreds of application instances.
Substantial experience and skill in technologies, at least 7 years of experience including
- Programmatic interaction with VMWare VSphere or AWS APIs
Key DevOps concepts including Infrastructure as Code
- Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or BOSH
- Terraform, CloudFormation, or equivalent
- Software development in Go, Ruby, or Java.
- Databases (relational and document)
- Production observability tooling – Elasticsearch, New Relic, Nagios
- Clear verbal and written communication; demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers from a variety of disciplines
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- Breadth and depth of skill to build and deliver scalable infrastructure
- An obsession with delivering outstanding customer experience and site resiliency
- Devious white-hat security mindset
- Desire to learn new tools, frameworks, languages
- Experience with various software lifecycle tools such as Git, JIRA, etc.
- A commitment to Zipcar’s ideals of sustainable resource sharing and urban mobility
- Delivered a SaaS solution
As a member of the Zipcar Team you will receive:
- Competitive Compensation
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Free Membership
- Discounts on services, products and much more
While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted.
Zipcar is an EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
To all recruitment agencies: Zipcar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zipcar employees or any other company location. Zipcar is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.