Lola.com: DevOps Engineer
At Lola.com, we're on a mission to create the world’s most innovative, simple and fun (yes, FUN!) business travel apps — and the team is growing! Lola’s high-energy, collaborative and “wicked loving” culture has made it one of Boston’s hottest startups. With former executives from Kayak, HubSpot, TripAdvisor and CarGurus, there is no better place to build something from the ground up and grow your career.
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to support our rapidly-growing engineering team. Lola has a modern stack, is 100% in AWS, completely containerized, using Kubernetes for container orchestration, and working towards continuous deployment.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 3-5 years of experience with Linux servers and associated software, plus network infrastructure
- An excellent understanding and application of software development processes (Git, branching, deployment)
- Scripting capabilities utilizing Python, Ruby, or equivalent
- Experience automating application deployment, continuous delivery, and continuous integration (Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience with container orchestration (Rancher, Kubernetes)
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, and can work effectively with various levels of internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Impeccable organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignments simultaneously
- Knowledge of corporate security obligations, including PCI/SOC 2/GDPR compliance. Information Systems Security, Identity and Access Management, Data Protection, Threat Management is a plus.
- Experience operating an Amazon AWS-based infrastructure. AWS DevOps or SysOps certification a plus.
- Must be willing to participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
What you’ll be doing:
- Building upon our release pipeline -- things can be faster, more efficient, and we can always use more visibility
- Managing AWS resources, containers, and performing general maintenance of infrastructure
- Writing scripts to automate tasks to take weight off our team and Engineering
- Providing technical leadership and coaching to enable the team to build better software
We celebrate diversity and consider it key to our success as a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.