At Fincura, a member of the Techstars Boston 2018 class, we're leveraging rapidly improving machine learning and AI technology to automate the repetitive manual processes behind corporate lending and optimize the underwriting process with risk analysis, pattern matching, and anomaly detection. The goal? Make it easier for deserving companies to get capital to grow, and make it easier for banks to identify risky loans. A win/win for economic prosperity.
As a DevOps Engineer, you'll be a critical early hire tasked with building out our technology stack and development pipeline using bleeding-edge technologies in the cloud.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Deploying, automating, maintaining, & managing AWS cloud-based production & development systems to ensure their availability, performance, scalability, and security
- Design and maintenance of CI/CD pipeline for deployment of serverless and docker-based applications and services
- System troubleshooting and triage of critical problems
- Working with architects and software engineers to design scalable, fault-tolerant, secure systems
- Evaluating new technology options and managing technology vendor relationships
Required Skills & Experience
- AWS: 2+ years working with broad range of AWS technologies
- DevOps: solid experience as DevOps engineer in 24/7 uptime AWS environment. Experience with automation, configuration management, and orchestration tools (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation, Kubernetes)
- Scripting: Strong scripting skills for automation and infrastructure-as-code
- System Administration: solid experience working with Linux
- Security: solid experience with industry-standard security mechanisms and policies and methods for their implementation. E.g. data encryption in-flight, at-rest, data segmentation.
- Monitoring Tools: solid experience with system and service monitoring tools like Nagios, StatsD, Datadog, etc. Demonstrable ability to identify what/when/how to monitor.
Nice to Have
- Database Administration (PostgreSQL)
- Docker: experience specifically with deploying and managing docker containers in production environments