ChaosSearch is a well-funded startup that signed a new $40M round of funding in late 2020. Our mission is to enable every organization to have fast and easy access to data. Our cloud-built Data Lake engine delivers instant elasticity and unlimited scale, secure data access and disruptive pricing for Log and BI analytics.
Last year was a record breaking year for ChaosSearch. We tripled our customer base, increased revenue close to 8X, launched ChaosSearch 2.0 and ended the year with a $40 Million Series B financing round. We are building on this success and adding to our team in 2021. The time to join couldnt be better.
The DevOps Engineer is a member of our Engineering Platform team. At our current stage, the DevOps Engineer is a bit of a hybrid role. The primary responsibilities will be in building, testing, deploying and releasing software. Additionally, you will spend some time writing and improving code. Since this is a newer role, you can help us to further define the responsibilities. This is a rare opportunity to join a successful startup that is rapidly growing, agile, and cloud-native and devoted to customer engagement, innovation, and our team.
Youll work with a team of like-minded startup entrepreneurs and technologists with a mission to create something extraordinary through patented technology. ChaosSearch is looking for people who love working on wonderfully interesting and yes hard problems. And so, if you have a passion for cloud, databases, distributed systems, computer science, and of course customers, we are looking for you!
Being a member of our Engineering team means you will have the opportunity to learn from our Founder, CTO, Thomas Hazel. Check out our Founders Story. Thomas has built an exceptional team of smart, fun engineers who will help you learn everything you need to know.
- Manage updates and releases of new code
- Build and set up new development tools and infrastructure
- Implement ways to automate and improve development processes
- Work with software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Review software scripts and look for ways to improve automation
- Research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies and cloud services
- Lead interactions with cross functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management
- Write solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc
- Minimum 3 years of devops experience or experience in IT, system administration, or software development working with a range of software tools
- Experience with the the following:
- Container concepts (Docker)
- Cloud technology (AWS, GCP)
- Deployment automation and orchestration
- CI/CD tools and techniques
- Source control
- Open Source (Terraform)
- Proficient with at least one programming language such as Python or Java for automation or integration with APIs
- Breath of knowledge on a variety of techniques and tools in the areas of build, test, deploy, and release
- Working knowledge of network protocols, Linux/Unix system internals and transport protocols
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven problem solving skills
Pluses if you have or youre willing to learn
- Side-scaled SaaS Applications
- React or Angular
- Highly distributed and multi-threaded software products or solutions; ideally in cloud environments (we anticipate our platform to actively manage hundreds of TBs of data per customer, so think scalability)
- Microservices architecture preferably in leading cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Headquartered in Boston, we are conveniently located across the street from TD Garden -- a 60 second walk from North Station and the Orange Line. Besides excellent benefits, we offer a competitive compensation package, career growth, and a hybrid working model. Our culture has been described as a we culture. Were a team building an amazing, successful product and company.
At ChaosSearch, we are committed to building and fostering a culture where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to create a better experience for everyone. However you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work each day.