As a DevOps Engineer in the Architecture and DevOps team at Bullhorn, you will work closely with a team of software engineers to help improve the stability, performance, and operational visibility of Bullhorn Products. You will be creating utilities and frameworks to stress and measure the Bullhorn products, and you will be building tools and dashboards to make those systems more transparent.
We are looking for a creative builder who can help guide the evolution of our dashboard and stress test frameworks.
Why this job is important
- At Bullhorn, stability and performance are critical aspects of an incredible customer experience. We need someone to help us verify and display those key metrics.
- The right tools dramatically improve our ability to detect and correct production issues, and this role can lead the creation of those tools.
As a DevOps Engineer, a typical day might include:
- Creating frameworks to stress test and monitor Bullhorn REST APIs, and running those frameworks against various builds of our product.
- Constructing health and performance dashboards to create real-time visibility into the current state of Bullhorn products.
- Collaborating with software engineers in building tools to more quickly detect and resolve production issues.
This job might be for you if:
- Youve earned a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or are confident enough in your abilities to earn your place here.
- You have 3+ years of experience designing and building utilities that make software development and monitoring easier.
- Youre familiar with tools like Jenkins, Grafana, Gatling, etc.
- You have experience interacting with REST APIs
- You have a passion for continuous improvement and for finding better designs for software and data.
- Youre comfortable setting up and using performance monitoring and diagnostic tools (ELK, StatsD, etc.)
Bonus point for:
- Experience creating frameworks for performance and stress testing.
- Expertise in application containerization (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Understanding of event-driven architectures and best practices
- Comfort interacting with J2EE, Angular, SQL Databases, and open source technologies
At Bullhorn, we take our culture seriously and strive to ensure everyone has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and a clear path for success. We are looking for leaders to help promote that mentality across the organization.
Our offices offer a casual, collaborative environment with weekly catered-in breakfasts and lunches along with monthly First Thursday social events. Bullhorn offers unlimited vacation, quarterly paid volunteer days through its philanthropic group Bullhorn Cares, and an open invitation to Bullhorn Allies groups, which celebrate diversity and inclusion for all employees.
You might be a fit for Bullhorn if:
- You are energetic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You are confident and love sharing success with your team
- You take ownership of you work and continuously strive for improvement.
More Jobs From