Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, is defining the future of the security industry through innovative end-to-end-solutions. We’re changing the landscape of the surveillance industry through advanced award-winning AI based surveillance systems. Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world and our team is advancing the field as it applies to the surveillance industry. We are proud to be industry leaders in video analytics with products like Appearance Search and Unusual Motion Detection along with our recently launched Avigilon Blue cloud service platform. You will have the opportunity to contribute to intelligent camera surveillance systems through cutting edge research and software engineering.
Avigilon’s solutions have been installed in more than 120 countries at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Our DevOps Engineer will focus on designing and developing automation to support continuous integration and delivery processes. Responsibilities include maintaining and enhancing internal tooling to enhance our CI/CD pipeline and full system lifecycle. This position requires an obsessive focus on automation, building repeatable solutions working within and between development and operation teams to identify and implement process improvements for the benefit of customer-facing services.
If you are passionate about everything cloud, believe deeply in automating solutions, and enjoy contributing to best of breed technologies, you may have found a great home with Avigilon. The position is ideal for a self-starter and quick learner with a love of infrastructure and automation who enjoys collaborative work on leading edge technologies.
The DevOps Engineer will join forces with our other Cloud Services Engineers at our Analytics and Data Science Center located in Assembly Row – Somerville, MA.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in automating code deployment in Microsoft Azure with other cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, VMWare and OpenStack
- Proficient at leveraging CI/CD tools to automate testing and deployment
- Experience with a CI/CD platform like Bamboo, Jenkins
- Strong experience with scripting language such as PowerShell
- Experience with distributed version control systems such as Git/GitHub
- Good knowledge of application development using Agile, and DevOps best practices
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server and MySQL)
- Knowledge of networking and software defined networking in cloud environments
- Working knowledge of VM’s and virtualization
- Ability to work within and across multifunctional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to articulate complex topics to non-technical audiences
- Ability to document solutions and train operational teams on supportability
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Azure iOT and Streaming Analytics a plus
- Knowledge of methods of securing Microsoft Azure resources from external threats/attacks
- Experience with Active Directory a plus
- Release engineering experience a plus
Benefits and Perks:
As a full-time employee of Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes a competitive salary with full benefits including extended health, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, ESPP, eligible to participate in TechTalks, Hackathons, community service activities, etc.