Dev Ops and Release Engineer
About the Job
This position reports to the Lead of the Release Engineering team. The DevOps and Release Engineer will execute tasks given by the lead to support container-based release engineering flows at Intralinks. Additionally, he/she will serve as a resource for all release engineering related tasks related to Source Control, Build and Deployment automation, Continuous Integration, Environment Monitoring, and general developer tools.
About the Team
The team is chartered with build/deployment/monitoring automation of mission critical products for our cloud offering using cutting edge technologies. You will be involved in all aspects of development cycle. Team members range in years of experience. The DevOps and Release Engineer is expected to support continuous integration process and will involve writing code that is both functional and efficient. This Engineer will also be involved in diagnosing performance bottlenecks and implementing optimizations.
- We are looking for an experienced DevOps and Release Engineer to augment our DevOps and Release Engineering team. Our SaaS platform helps enterprises across the world to securely collaborate and exchange mission-critical business content.
- Be part of a team of highly skilled Release Engineers across global locations.
- Build automation to compile, assemble and deliver complex source code into finished products or other software components.
- Be involved in deploying of new products and releases.
- Designing and implementing build scripts by adding new artifacts to bring all completed work to a production level.
- Evaluating and making recommendations on the selection of new release engineering tools and making improvements to existing release engineering standards and procedures.
- Provides technical expertise and estimates of time to complete work.
- Installs and maintains basic software in the development environment and participates in the evaluation and selection of new software products.
- Plans and automates the build schedule.
- Understands and implements IL SDLC from Product Requirements to Ops Rollout to Maintenance
- Embraces DevOps culture in the engineering organization.
- 5+ years of related experience with a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Advanced knowledge of Public IaaS and PaaS clouds, such as AWS, Azure, CloudFoundry, Heroku or Private cloud systems, such as OpenStack and Kubernetes
- Advanced knowledge in using template languages for definition of infrastructure provisioning (AWS CFN, OpenStack HOT)
- Advanced knowledge of Linux systems including networking, security, and file systems
- Ability to write code using different scripting languages, such as Shell, Python, Perl
- Advanced skills in CI tools like Jenkins, AnthillPro, Nexus, Artifactory
- Advanced skills in source control tools like Git and Subversion.
- Experience with Static Analysis tools like Sonar, Veracode, Coverity, Fortify
- Experience with build management tools like gradle, maven, ant and RPM packaging
- Expertise in Docker containers for building and deployment of applications
- Experience with configuration management using automated frameworks, such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or SaltStack
- Experience with Atlassian tools setup and administration like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Hipchat
- Strong networking background including network interface configuration, protocols, SSL/TLS certificates, web servers (Apache, Nginx)
- Knowledge in using OpenSource projects for building and delivering web applications
- Strong skills in diagnostics of problems involving networks and distributed components
- Strong understanding of database technologies RDBMS and NOSQL.
- Strong understanding of Storage Technologies.
- Advanced Interpersonal skills
- Distributed systems expertise including knowledge of resiliency, performance, and consistency tradeoffs
- Knowledge in using template languages for definition of infrastructure provisioning (AWS CFN, OpenStack HOT)
- vmWare technology (ESX, vCenter, vCloud, SDK APIs)
- Knowledge in using monitoring tools like Icinga, ManageEngine, Dynatrace, Splunk
- Development skills in Java, NodeJS.
#LI - SH
SS&C Intralinks is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.