Development Operations Assistant
The Development Operations Assistant will be responsible for supporting stewardship functions at Facing History. As part of the Gift Processing Team, s/he will work to enter donation data and acknowledge donors in a timely fashion. S/he will support the Senior Director, Regional Development and Director of Research and Prospect Management with portfolio and pipeline data management, and development and maintenance of documentation and support materials for our leadership gifts communities.
The opportunity; what you should expect:
The Development Operations team helps to support the global Development Staff, which includes over 35 staff members in seven regional offices and two international offices, in all aspects of Development data management. You are a part of a 4-person Development Operations team that serves as a service center to the Staff and broader Development community. You play an essential role in managing the integrity of the data and ensuring a strong and well functioning team. In addition, you will help to support the growth of Facing History’s new leadership giving community. You will join a high-energy, close-knit team of development professionals and will gain valuable experience on how fundraising, donor relations, data management, and accuracy make up a successful social enterprise.
Who you are; what we are looking for:
You are organized, service oriented, detailed, accurate, and a strong communicator. You value partnering and building relationships with other Staff Members across regions. You enjoy working on a team and accomplishing tasks. You are excited to engage in Facing History’s new donor community and will partner with staff around the globe to support their fundraising efforts.
Gift Processing (60%)
- Process gifts by entering relevant data into Salesforce and producing acknowledgement letters
- Maintain data integrity of all gifts in Salesforce through daily cleanup
- Fulfill requests for additional letter copies and reissues
- Coordinate with Finance and regional staff on credit card errors and gift anomalies
- Support Headquarters and regional staff on gift processing procedures
- Ensure data accuracy in Salesforce by monitoring, cleaning and deduping Salesforce records
- Collaborate with the Development Operations Team to create and maintain documentation for gift processing procedures
- Maintain gift paperwork and acknowledgement letter archive
- Manage and report on tribute notifications for gifts made in honor or memory
- Email Development staff with daily gift updates
- Support the Finance and Operations department with pulling paperwork as needed
- Liaise with donors as needed
Leadership Giving Programs Support (40%)
- Assist the Senior Director, Regional Development with updating, running, and distributing leadership giving program metrics on a monthly basis
- Manage and maintain tools and templates for leadership giving program work
- Manage and maintain planned giving program data in the Salesforce CRM
- Manage and maintain all leadership giving program membership data in the Salesforce CRM
- Attend all pipeline and prospect review meetings and support the Director of Research and Prospect Management in tracking progress against moves management strategies
- Other tasks as assigned
- BA/BS or equivalent, experience in a non profit setting preferred
- Interest in and ability to articulate the mission of Facing History and Ourselves
- Salesforce or gift processing exposure preferred
- Comfort with technology and learning new platforms a must
- Creative energy, self-starting; ability to manage multiple assignments in a busy non-profit setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team; flexibility
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, limited free parking and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Applications ONLY accepted online at careers.facinghistory.org. Job posted until filled.