Dev Ops Engineer
We are looking for an experienced team player to add to our DevOps team. As a DevOps engineer, you are known for thinking on your feet, learning quickly, and owning a problem to resolution. You enjoy solving complex problems while contributing new ideas & techniques, leading to continuous improvement for the team. You enjoy close collaboration to find better ways to deliver great quality software in an open, DevOps culture.
Development, DevOps, and Test are viewed as one engineering team at BitSight. On any given day a DevOps Engineer could be adding code to the product, doing a code review, debugging a production issue, deploying code, or automating the build and functional test system. There are no silos; we work together to deliver business value.
As part of the team that is responsible for our infrastructure that handles petabytes of data in the cloud, you will:
- Operate, scale, and troubleshoot BitSights SaaS cloud infrastructure.
- Add additional automation to our continuous delivery pipeline.
- Monitor system, application, and network performance/availability.
- Provide occasional off-shift availability for production issues or maintenance.
- Bring your creativity to bear by proposing innovative approaches and emerging technologies to help solve the operational and technical challenges confronted by BitSight.
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps/Operations engineer or Software engineer.
- Experience with Linux systems (Ubuntu/Debian/CentOS preferred).
- Experience in general automation scripting (Python preferred).
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with Cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) and respective APIs.
- Experience with mission-critical systems.
- Software development & continuous delivery in a SaaS environment.
- Responsible, team-oriented, well-organized individual with strong communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while adapting quickly to rapidly changing priorities.
- Familiarity with the following operations tools: deployment orchestration (Jenkins), configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible), monitoring (Sensu, Sysdig), centralized logging (SumoLogic, ELK).
- Understanding of network engineering and security principles (Internet protocols, firewalls, routing, etc.)
- Configuration and deployment experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Microservice architectures, REST APIs, and related technologies.