Designer - Direct Mail Print
Wayfair is home to one of the retail industrys largest in-house creative agencies. The Creative team is a world-class team comprised of many disciplines designers, copywriters, stylists, editors, cinematographers, directors, producers, and more. Our work fuels all forms of on-site and off-site marketing and communication with our consumers, from TV to online video, social media, email, direct mail, and more.
We are seeking an innovative and strategic designer with print expertise to join our Creative team! Reporting directly to the print design manager, the designer will own all direct mail creative and help lead concepting and design execution across various print initiatives.
This is an exciting opportunity to drive out-of-the-box, engaging creative strategies across Wayfairs entire direct mail channel. As the print designer, you will build trusted relationships with key stakeholders, while pitching and designing creative concepts that resonate with the Wayfair customer. The role requires someone with a collaborative and strategic creative approach and a mastery of print marketing.
For consideration, you must include a link to your portfolio or a PDF of work samples.
What Youll Do:
- Conceptualize, pitch, and execute direct mail concepts and testing strategies.
- Collaborate with copywriters, illustrators, and other Creative team members to bring print designs to life.
- Continuously build and strengthen relationships with the Marketing team and other cross-functional partners; work with them to identify and implement engaging creative solutions.
- Assist the print design manager in building out Wayfair catalogs and minibooks.
- Update and evolve print templates as needed.
- Track and analyze performance metrics, trends, and other data (especially customer insights!), using that information to guide creative decisions and best practices.
- Participate in team critiques by providing actionable feedback and helpful suggestions.
What Youll Need:
- 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably for an agency or e-commerce brand.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite, and print best practices.
- Deep customer instincts and ability to think like a customer.
- Passion for the home space and e-commerce.
- Collaborative, energetic attitude, and an ability to inspire a culture of positivity.
- Bachelors degree in art, graphic design, or a related field. (Equivalent training experience also considered.)