Office Tour Photos
EF Gap Year
EF Gap Year (a division of EF Education First) is seeking a passionate, happy, energetic Brand Designer to join our growing in-house marketing group based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Playing a pivotal role in the companys overall marketing and growth strategy, the Brand Designer will help construct and guide the creative evolution of the EF Gap Year brand, as we position ourselves for continued growth and future expansion.
In this role, youll be responsible for all things design, owning the look, feel, and style of everything from the website to printed catalogs, social media to direct mail pieces - working to ensure that the messaging we put out, and the experiences we create, are beautiful, thoughtful, and effective.
Youll work closely with the Vice President of Marketing, helping to make order from chaos, using customer feedback, market insights, and whatever else you can get your hands on to guide the development of innovative creative strategies and design work that will lead to new growth
And in this very hands-on role, youll roll up your sleeves every day, creating and deploying work across a variety of channels that shapes the identity of the organization and propels the business forward.
Sound like your dream job? Then read on
- Work closely with sales, product, and marketing teams to develop, test, and iterate on creative concepts
- Develop and execute high-quality visual designs from concept to deployment
- Be the creator of, and guardian for, the look, feel, tone, and style of all brand creative work
- Define, own, and evolve the EF Gap Year brand in ways that maximize company growth
- Take a fully hands-on approach to creative, being resourceful and moving quickly to create work in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality (did we mention this was a hands-on role?)
- At least 5 years of design experience within an agency or in-house creative team
- A killer portfolio that demonstrates real hands-on creative proficiency across a variety of mediums
- Exceptional presentation, communication, and story-telling skills
- An eye for amazing creative work and a keen understanding of what actually makes it amazing
- Up-to-date with emerging communication, media consumption, marketing and cultural trends
- Equally comfortable brainstorming at a whiteboard and creating print-ready mechanicals
- A communication style that makes the complex feel simple, and inspires others to follow your lead
- Highly adaptable; energized by rapid change and ambiguity
A tiny bit about EF Education First
EF is the worlds largest international education company providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EFs mission has been opening the world through education. Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries.
Sounds enormous, right? The interesting thing is that we dont operate like a conglomerate. We get the best of a small companys values, atmosphere, and energy with the resources of a big one. And in the creative and marketing department, we get the autonomy to innovate coupled with the backing and support of a company thats able to bring those innovations to life. Talk about a great place to workno wonder weve been right at the top (#1 and #2 to be exact) of the Boston Globes Top Places to Work list the last 2 years.
More Jobs From