Office Tour Photos
We are looking for an UX Designer to join the Longitudinal Care team within our Clinicals division. Your job will be to contribute UX expertise to the design and delivery lifecycle within the Care Management vertical with opportunities to contribute to discovery and definition. But enough about us, lets talk about you.
You are passionate about design, informed by user-centered research. Your design talent spans conceptual modeling to look-and-feel, from prototyping to screen layout. You are methodical in documenting your thinking, bringing team members with you on your journey. You enjoy working in a cross-functional team environment, embracing diversity of thinking styles, feedback and viewpoints to improve your solutions. You look forward to collaborating, not only with other designers on the team but with your teammates in product and engineering. You understand that your work fits within a larger development context, delivering your designs when they are needed.
You may have experience working in an agile software development environment where you helped craft user stories and the UX materials that comprise acceptance stories. As someone who is new to the UX discipline you are open to learning approaches to delivering world-class experiences, both through the work you are doing and through guidance by senior members of the team.
The Team: Historically, our Clinicals Longitudinal Care team has been responsible for defining the patients chart that drives physicians workflows in a clinical context. Moving forward, we are expanding our work to include non-clinical workflows including care management.
- Deliver testable concept and design artifacts for the Care Management vertical, including usability testing, pixel-perfect design assets, leveraging design system components and crafting prototypes of varying fidelity along the way.
- Create detailed design documentation artifacts such as workflows, state tables, and annotated wireframes, to be used for specification, review, and collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Support the Design Lead in documenting design workshops and discovery efforts within the Care Management vertical.
- Support the Design Lead in the Patient Risk vertical in similar ways.
- A demonstrated commitment to design through education (Masters or Bachelors in design, UX design, architecture or industrial design) or equivalent years of experience in a design role.
- 0-2 years practical experience in design, design research, or allied field. Participation in UX bootcamps, 3rd party certifications and volunteer work are all interesting to us.
- A portfolio of work (including school projects as appropriate)
- A desire to broaden and strengthen your UX design chops
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From