Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
iRobot Corporation, with a mission of “empowering people to do more” is at the forefront of the development of robotics and artificial intelligence technologies. iRobot has become one of the world’s preeminent specialist designers and builders of consumer robots. iRobot invests in the development and growth of its people, in a culture of empowerment, innovation and fun. Come work with some of the most talented and influential people in the robotics field utilizing cutting edge technologies, in an exciting, fast-growing industry!
iRobot employs a user-centered design approach in order to optimize business strategies, build our brand, develop rich experiences, and ensure user satisfaction.
As a Design Researcher, you will leverage a variety of research methods to better understand our users: their needs and pain points. This is an opportunity to join a growing team that is working to design new robotic products and experiences for the home.
Essential Functions/Job Duties
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to design products and further our understanding of users
- Work collaboratively to identify business questions and research needs throughout the product development process, from concept phase to post-launch
- Design and conduct user research using qualitative and quantitative methods, including, but not limited to, discovery research, rapid and iterative concept and usability testing, participatory design, ethnography, contextual inquiry, surveys, and card sorts
- Generate clear and engaging research reports that include data-driven design recommendations
- Work with the design team to generate tangible design solutions and inform prototype development
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or similar; Master's Degree preferred.
- 3+ years experience designing, executing, and reporting UX research
- Experience utilizing a variety of qualitative research methods, including usability studies, heuristic and expert reviews, ethnography and participatory design
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Strong oral, written, and visual communication skills; can present findings concisely and effectively
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
- English proficiency (written and spoken) required
Desired but not required Qualifications
- Experience with quantitative research is desired not required
- Experience with Qualtrics and QDAS
- Experience researching and designing physical products
iRobot is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More Jobs From