Bowery Farming is now searching for innovative and systems-oriented engineer to be a part of our global initiative. If the idea of being on the forefront of developing ground-breaking and sustainable solutions in a fast-paced environment, then continuing reading.
As a Design Engineer, you will work with our team of talented engineers and scientist in the design and development of physical systems in supporting our indoor farms to create the ideal conditions for growing and delivering the purest produce imaginable. A successful candidate will have the ability to operate within a face paced ambiguous environment by leveraging their demonstrated background in developing physical systems through strong problem solving, project management, and internal motivation. Bowery encourages innovation and expects our team-members to take ownership in solving complex problems.
Come join us.
What you’ll do:
· Invent, design, and implement engineering solutions to physical systems, material flow and human interface.
· Lead and coordinate design and innovation efforts to develop optimal solutions for equipment specification, material flow, process design, site layout, and intellectual property considerations.
· Simultaneously manage multiple high visibility projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
· Collaboration with internal teams and external vendors to generate high quality, cost effective solutions in very short periods of time.
What you have:
· 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related experience in Design/Innovation, Manufacturing/Process/Industrial Engineering, or related.
· Demonstrated experience leading engineering design projects
· Demonstrated experience designing solutions related to Material Handling or Automation related
· Ability to use business/technical software such as Microsoft suite (Excel, Project, Word) and AutoCAD or similar software.
· Ability to travel 50% domestically and internationally
· Experience with automated material handling equipment and systems including robotics.
· Experience with process design.
· Food manufacturing and handling industry experience
· Automated controls experience
· Capital project management skills
· Design-in-Safety experience
More Jobs From