Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
iRobot is seeking a Business Planning Manager to develop and manage the demand planning systems, processes and analytics for the Americas region. This position is
responsible for creating rolling 18-month model level sales forecasts/ demand plans that drive the overall production and supply decisions for the region. The Business
Forecaster will work on a cross functional basis to develop the consensus demand and financial forecast by closely collaborating with key retail customers, the America’s
sales force, operations and product management. This position will utilize predictive market analytics derived from weekly point of sales data, key retailer forecasts, product
plans, and advertising and promotional plans to formulate the consensus demand plan for key retailers and the overall region. This position will take a lead role in the
enhancement, testing and validation efforts for the new Global Demand Planning tool project, ensuring requirements are met and the tool supports future business growth.
This role works within a matrixed environment, and will need to manage cross functional inputs and requirements effectively. The Business Forecast Manager will also be
responsible for developing business intelligence tools such as forecast accuracy KPI’s, daily sales tracker, weekly sell through tracker, various Tableau reports and other ad
hoc reporting as needed.
The Business Planning Manager has responsibility for all aspects of demand planning for the America region including:
- Support the America’s business in developing business insights that provide the organization with high value information with respect to its consumers,
- customers, products and the financial health of the business
- Lead the overall effort to create and maintain accurate item forecasts for the region. Highlight risks and opportunities to the business and work collaboratively
- to implement any forecast changes through the appropriate channel
- Demand Planning/sales forecasting system and process design, maintenance and improvement
- Utilize historical sales trends, key retailer input, and predictive analytic models in the development of a consensus demand plan. Assess and improve on the
- overall forecasting process including collection of inputs, identification of new sources of relevant information, forecast model selection and validation, and
- system use
- Define and document the regional forecast accuracy metrics, ensuring all team members understand the goal and how they contribute to its achievement.
- Accountable to achieve set targets and drive for continuous improvement
- Develop, maintain and deliver clear and concise monthly regional business communication which conveys the most relevant business information to many
- levels of the organization
- lBe the main point of contact for channel inventory and sell thru management, trends and insights
- Manage the Demand Planning/sales forecasting function for the region. Ensure the functional capabilities continue to grow to support the business, enhance
- processes and systems on a continual basis, and provide education to the organization on how Demand Planning contributes to overall department and
- company success
- College Degree in a relevant field required, MBA a plus
- 6+ years’ experience working in Demand Planning, Sales support, Operations, or Supply Chain required
- Experience with predictive analytics and with demand planning software, implementation experience a plus
- Experience with Hyperion a plus
- Experience with Tableau a plus
- Experience with forecasting demand at the consumer level through retail customers
- Understanding of S&OP principles and practices, ability to work cross functionally to achieve business goals
- Ability to develop clear action plans and drive processes with numerous interdependencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications: Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Strong organizational, planning, communication and presentation skills required
- Results driven and customer focused
- Some travel required
iRobot is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More Jobs From