iRobot Corporation, with a mission of empowering people to do more is at the forefront of the development of robotics and artificial intelligence technologies. iRobot has become one of the worlds preeminent specialist designers and builders of consumer robots. iRobot invests in the development and growth of its people, in a culture of empowerment, innovation and fun. Come work with some of the most talented and influential people in the robotics field utilizing cutting edge technologies, in an exciting, fast-growing industry!
We are looking for a talented and experienced Demand Planner to join the Americas Regional Supply Chain Planning team. In this new role, the Demand Planner will assist in the development and management of reports and insights to support the S&OP processes. This newly created position will help develop system-based monthly and weekly reporting to provide greater visibility to the supply and demand planning teams. The position will work closely with the Regional Demand Planning and Supply Planning Managers to help advance the new End-to-End supply chain processes.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
The Demand Planner will play a key role in working with the Americas Supply Chain leadership team to develop and integrate value-added planning and reporting tools:
- Utilize historical sales trends, key cross-functional inputs, and statistical models in the development of a consensus demand plan. Assess and improve on the overall forecasting process including collection of inputs, identification of new sources of relevant information, forecast model selection and validation, and system use
- Lead the overall effort to create and maintain accurate item forecasts for their segment for the region. Highlight risks and opportunities to the business and work collaboratively to implement any forecast changes through the appropriate channel
- Support the Americas business in developing business insights that provide the organization with high value information with respect to its consumers, customers, and suppliers to expand our vision of the end-to-end supply chain.
- Develop and publish S&OP reports and analytics
- Help to improve develop and improve real-time reporting to allow the teams to pursue opportunities and/or mitigate issues more quickly,
- Assist in Demand and Supply Planning system development, maintenance, and improvement activities
- Help to formalize fill-rate and supplier attainment reporting, by working with the Corporate and Regional IT and Supply Chain Center of Excellence (COE) teams to leverage existing and new data sources.
- BS/BA in Business-related field, such as Logistics, Supply Chain, IT or Operations Management
- 3-5 years experience working in a Supply Chain-related role. Candidates with Consumer Electronics experience will be prioritized
- Experience with statistical forecasting and with demand planning software, Anaplan/Tableau experience a plus.
- Full understanding of S&OP principles and practices, ability to work cross functionally to achieve business goals
- Understanding of all elements of the supply chain, especially the demand and supply planning processes
- Ability to utilize multiple data sources to deliver accurate, reasonable & reliable reporting and insights
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required for interacting at all levels within the organization
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently in a proactive and anticipatory manner. Ability to develop clear action plans and drive processes with numerous interdependencies
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Access with strong systems acumen