We’re looking for a proven demand generation expert with a zeal to win, a kind heart, an unwavering team spirit, a positive attitude and a great sense of humor to join our marketing team.
We are a startup company, and we work in a startup environment. We’re looking for a Demand Generation Manager who’s strongly self-directed, growth-oriented, and who knows how to build marketing efforts from scratch. More than that, we’re looking for a Demand Generation Manager who gets excited about building marketing efforts from scratch.
The Demand Generation Manager will be responsible for building an effective, reliable, ongoing demand generation engine, and for using ClearGov’s MarTech stack to create and execute demand generation campaigns across a range of channels, including email, webinars, industry events, social media, advertising on government-specific websites, and content production.
The position requires someone who is passionate about helping local governments budget better, who can learn the local government market quickly, and who’s already had clear demand-generation success in an early-stage B2B or B2G environment.
This is a key role on ClearGov’s marketing team, one we consider critical for our future success.
- Work closely with ClearGov’s Vice President of Marketing to animate the ClearGov brand and message throughout the funnel
- Innovate and execute smart, regular campaigns using content, email, social, events, PPC, and other channels to help us meet our business objectives
- Establish and maintain a thoroughly buttoned-up campaign implementation approach, including writing briefs, structuring tests, reporting results, and making recommendations for ongoing marketing optimization
- Find efficiencies in common campaign themes, structure, and creative elements that allow the marketing team to continue to accomplish more with less
- Collaborate with marketing operations to establish and maintain a clear, useful, funnel metrics system to allow continuous optimization of lead generation, lead management, and sales effectiveness efforts
- Leverage Google Analytics, Marketo, and Salesforce to monitor, measure, report/visualize KPIs in order to optimize future campaigns
- 4+ years of demand generation experiences in B2B or B2G
- Amazing writing skills - in particular, to create compelling, concise, and impactful emails
- A good eye for detail, a passion for error-free execution, and an informed POV on what makes individual communications effective
- Well-practiced channel-specific expertise: email, webinars, events, social media, public relations, content marketing
- Focused on conversion from one stage to the next of the buyer’s journey, including alignment of channel, message, and call-to-action
- Experience harvesting, interpreting, and reporting marketing analytics
- A roll-up-your-sleeves, get stuff done approach to the day-to-day
- A willingness to innovate whenever and however necessary to get important things done
- A strong interest in the local-government space, along with the willingness and ability to get up to speed quickly on the key buyer personas and processes within it.
- Comfort working in a small, young company, where some things are fully in place and others need to be built from scratch – and where growth and change both happen rapidly
- A commitment to helping build a positive company culture
- Competent with Google Analytics, Marketo, and Salesforce (certifications are a plus)
- Familiarity with Drift is a plus
The Ideal ClearGov Candidate:
- Self-motivated, self-starter with a zeal to win
- Proven ability to communicate to different personas effectively
- Problem solver – you love the challenge of figuring out new strategies and tactics
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Quick study – able to pick up and apply new concepts in a hurry
- Track record of achievement
- Team player – enjoys working on and collaborating with outstanding teams
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and gets stuff done
- A sense of humor and doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Quality medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Onsite free gym access (COVID19 has paused this benefit)
- Need time - take time unlimited vacation policy
- John Hancock 401K Plan