The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Note for applicants: We're open to someone based near our Bedford, MA headquarters or working remotely across the US.
The Database Solution Architect is an integral part of the EDB Professional Services team. The Database Solution Architect focuses on the integration of the EDB Postgres Platform with the customers enterprise infrastructure to create highly available and resilient solutions.
- Deep understanding of PostgreSQL, logical and streaming replication
- Security and Authentication, for example with Kerberos, Active Directory or LDAP
- Backup, Recovery and Storage Management
- Configuration Management Solutions, such as Puppet and Chef
- Public and private cloud solutions, such as Docker and Kubernetes, Openshift
- Big data solutions, such as Hadoop or Cassandra
The Platform Architect is well versed in:
- Leading software deployment models
- Best practices to create highly available and resilient solutions for digital business
- Relational databases
- Work with customers to help them realize the value of EDBs open source-based database platform
- Create, articulate, and document a suite of reference architectures that illustrate the breadth of the EDB Postgres Platform in OLTP and OLAP applications under multiple deployment models
- Support EDBs field teams (SE and account managers) in difficult technical and architectural situations
- Work with EDB partners to create reference architectures that illustrate EDB Postgres in the context of the partners capabilities
- Mentor junior team members and help them develop their technical skills
- Publish blogs, white papers and conference contributions
- Collaborate with Product Development and Product Management to further the capabilities of the EDB Postgres Platform
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to articulate the capabilities of the EDB Product Platform and create technical marketing collateral
- 10- 15 years of professional experience developing and deploying complex solutions in enterprise environments
- Consultative engagement with 3rd party vendors and solution architects
- Hands-on experience with leading deployment models (containers, virtual machines, hypervisors, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, )
- Hands on experience with leading public cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure) is a plus
- Hands-on experience with relational databases
- Prior experience in a consulting or professional service environment
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking
- 40% - 50% travel, including international
- Successful customer projects
- Breadth and depth of the EDB Postgres Reference Architectures
- Become a recognized and sought-after expert inside and outside EDB
- Reporting Relationship
- The EDB Platform Expert reports to the VP, Solution Architecture
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.