The Database Administrator will be responsible for maintaining and administering the various databases associated with HealthEdge's award winning applications in our private cloud. As a member of the operations team, the Database Administrator is expected to execute the various service catalog items that are required to support the life cycle of the customer's HealthRules implementation in a production environment. Environments are technically sophisticated and the ideal candidate is motivated to learn and work within the agile HealthEdge work processes, using a combination of automation, scripting, and monitoring to fulfill needs associated with the HealthRules databases.
- Administer Oracle 12 and MS SQL Server databases (2008R2 through 2016);
- Manage database users;
- Manage database storage and logs;
- Create and follow database standard operating procedures;
- Troubleshoot and run scripts to modify/query data;
- Modify existing databases or direct programmers and analysts to make changes to optimize performance;
- Conduct installation, patching, and upgrades;
- Conduct performance tuning of instances and queries;
- Communicate with internal users and answer questions.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Master of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field (foreign equivalent is acceptable) with 1 year of progressive employment experience in database administration.
Employment experience in database administration must include:
- A minimum of 1 year of demonstrated experience administering Oracle and MS SQL Server databases;
- A minimum of 1 year of demonstrated experience monitoring and optimizing database instances; and,
- A minimum of 1 year of demonstrated experience working on the Linux and MS Windows operating systems.
HealthEdge® provides modern, disruptive technology that delivers for the first time, a suite of products that enables healthcare payors to leverage new business models, improve outcomes, drastically reduce administrative costs and connect everyone in the healthcare delivery cycle. Our next-generation enterprise product suite, HealthRules®, is built on modern, patented technology and is delivered to customers via the HealthEdge Cloud or on-site deployment. An award-winning company, HealthEdge empowers payors to capitalize on the innovations, challenges and opportunities that await in the new healthcare economy. For more information, visit http://www.healthedge.com.
HealthEdge is an Equal Opportunity Employment/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.
More Jobs From