Office Tour Photos
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to unlock insights and provide outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers wont benefit from micro optimizations. Leveraging the largest data set for products sold in the Home space, this team treats data as an asset and determines how to maximize its business value and extend our competitive advantage.
Wayfairs marketing efforts are instrumental in us further growing our market share in a $300 billion home goods market! Every day, we ingest billions of rows of data about how people pick out the perfect items for their home, and this data is what drives our marketing strategies. The Data Solutions Manager will be working collaboratively with our marketing business partners to design the data infrastructure that enables our leadership team to make strategic decisions at the speed of thought through self service reporting.
You will be responsible for driving transformation across our Marketing vertical. You will be instrumental in designing and delivering Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Big Data Solutions for multiple functional areas. You will have the chance to combine a deep knowledge of business and technical mastery to own and deliver the right solution for the right business problem. Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to move fast, adapt quickly, and leave a lasting mark through the new solutions they deliver!
What youll do
- Own and develop technical architecture, design and implementation of big data platforms and business analytics solutions to empower your stakeholders to solve problems through self-service reporting.
- Collaborate with your stakeholders and other engineering leaders to define and develop the data architecture roadmap for the functional area that you support.
- Design and implement appropriate data architecture, data pipelines and reporting data.
- Act as a subject matter expert to leadership for technical guidance, solution design and best practices within the Marketing organization.
- Be a technical leader to junior engineers, ensure the team is being challenged, expose your team to new opportunities, while still being able to deliver on ambitious goals.
- Keep current on big data and data visualization technology trends, evaluate, work on proof-of-concept and make recommendations on the technologies based on their merit
What You Have:
- 5+ years of Data Architecture experience working in partnership with large data sets (5+TB highly desired)
- 2+ years of experience leading or mentoring technical teams.
- Advanced SQL and programming experience with Python, Java, or Scala
- Experience designing data solutions within cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform (preferred), AWS, Azure, or Snowflake.
- Solid experience designing and implementing DW Architectures, OLAP technologies, star/snowflake-schemas to enable self-service reporting.
- Experience with real-time data streaming tools like Kafka, Kinesis, Apache Storm or any similar tools
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, MongoDB or other open source big data tools.
- Experience architecting solutions utilizing BI tools like Looker, Tableau, AtScale, PowerBI, or any similar tools.
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking, and ability to work cross functionally through collaboration with engineering and business partners.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as youll be regularly interacting with Marketing leadership.
- Bachelors or Masters in quantitative disciplines such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, or other scientific fields.
More Jobs From