Data Software Engineer
Our Boston office is looking for a Data Software Engineer to be responsible for designing and developing ETL, data pipelines and backend services to support the Trial Oversight Application data analytics functionality. The individual must be a fast learner, stay on top of current and future trends in software technologies and embrace innovative and creative thinking with an eye to the big picture. We seek a talented individual that is highly motivated, possesses an understanding of the industry, and can translate requirements and feedback into successful commercial products.
- Design, develop and maintain custom ETL (extract, transform, load) from multiple data sources
- Build, deploy and scale using Amazon Web Services
- Maintain and develop testing and automation platform to ensure high-quality and performance
- Collaborate with Engineering to develop and deliver high-quality products and features in a timely manner
- Determines, develops, and maintains guidelines and coding standard documentation
- Provides technical support to team members
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
- 5+ year(s) hands on commercial Software Development experience
- 5+ year(s) experience with SQL (relational) based databases (Postgres preferred)
- Experience developing custom ETL and data management solutions
- Demonstrable knowledge of full-stack web development tooling and procedures
- Data visualization technologies like D3 are highly desirable
- Experience with Agile methodologies and SDLC adherence and procedures
- BS in Engineering or related field, MS a plus but not required
- Must be a team player with the ability to work with all parts of the organization
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving skills and the ability to get the job done
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.