Data Services Analyst
We are looking for a data expert to join our Data Services team to help our restaurants understand and interpret the data generated by their LevelUp-powered app. LevelUp now partners with over 150 restaurants, each with its own unique KPIs and business goals. Our Data Analysts help map those KPIs and goals to data in our system to drive deeper business understanding and help our restaurants achieve their goals. We are also looking for a Data Analyst to help with internal projects - optimizing our databases and queries, finding new insights for our overall marketing strategy and recommendations, and help other teams with their data needs. If you love SQL, if figuring out new ways to define Lifetime Value gets you up in the morning, if you are always finding new ways to prove your point using data, this job is for you.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Create rock-solid reports and clear, interesting data visualizations using PostgreSQL and BI tools
- Develop a deep understanding of the LevelUp architecture, its related database tables and the interactions between them
- Consult with our Account Management team on best practices in discovering and presenting system data
- Liaise with various internal and external teams to understand product changes and how they impact associated reports and visualizations
- Automate frequent reporting requests to maximize efficiency
- Work with account managers and other data services teammates to create new efficiencies in processes and reporting implementation
You Should Have
- 1-3 years in analytics role
- Strong understanding of SQL and BI tools like Tableau, Chartio, or Looker
- Strong competence in analyzing data and turning it into a communicable value proposition
- Proficiency in basic Ruby or Python
- Bachelor’s degree in data sciences, information management, or other analytic disciplines
- Experience in the restaurant industry in an analytics role
- Deep understanding of Python, Ruby or R
And Of Course, Perks!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.