Office Tour Photos
The Marketing Analytics team is the data science, experimentation and analytics partner to Chewys Marketing department. The centralization of data, and the ability to analyze and apply it at scale, enables our marketers to deliver on effective and data-driven marketing strategies that are imperative to Chewy's growth.
With a specific focus on our cross-channel marketing strategies, the Data Scientist, Marketing Attribution will directly partner across Marketing Strategy and Engineering to develop and maintain Multi-touch Attribution, Testing (Multi-variate and A/B), Audience/Targeting Models, Opportunity Sizing, Sales Planning and Forecasting. The sole purpose of this role is to provide guidance to our Marketing partners while minimizing risk and driving efficiencies.
What You'll Do:
- Build, maintain and evolve marketing attribution, forecasting and propensity models
- Manage modeling processes from end-to-end including data gathering, data validation, model building, calibration, cross-validation, and maximizing model accuracy. Interpret and validate model results with statistical checks
- Design reports, data visualizations and presentations to track model performance and communicate business impact to marketing leadership teams
- Run optimization and simulation scenarios to help optimize marketing reach, frequency exposure and spend across media channels
- Prepare monthly media optimization scenarios to inform media plans, financial forecasting, and identify areas for efficiency improvements.
- Translate strategic business questions into analyses that inform business decisions
- Explain complex modeling approaches in simple terms; Develop compelling narratives that connect modeling results with marketing problems
- Lead and present strategic and tactical actionable insights/opportunities from a wide variety of data sources: Multi-Touch Attribution (MTA), Marketing Mix Modeling, DMP, CDP, etc.
- Manipulate and analyze cookie/impression level digital marketing data, including data from MTA, DMP, ad-serving platforms and web analytics platforms to produce structured data sets for analysis
- Lead the marketing measurement an testing framework that unifies Marketing Mix and Multi Touch Attribution models
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, related quantitative discipline, or equivalent practical experience; PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics is preferred
- Experience in data science with a focus on marketing analytics, statistical modeling, machine learning, forecasting and optimization.
- Advanced proficiency in Python and SQL, and advanced experience in data management systems
- Experience with experimental design and/or statistical analysis to drive business decision making
- Advanced data visualization skills using software such as Plotly, Grafana, or Streamlit
- Understanding of media and the statistical algorithms typically used in marketing analytics
- Experience with big data and cloud platforms to deploy large-scale data science solutions
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
More Jobs From