Office Tour Photos
The Data Scientist III builds predictive models for Marketing Analytics within the retail industry and has strong proficiency with Python, R and Time Series Analysis. This position will be in our Boston, MA office. The Data Scientist III develops and implements statistical analyses, summaries, and predictive machine learning models for use in marketing campaigns. The Data Scientist III evaluates model effectiveness by using modern as well as classical statistical inference and provides model validation results to both data science and business partners. The Data Scientist III will have sole ownership of one or more analytics projects at any given time as well as act a contributor to latter data science projects executed by team members. The Data Scientist III collaborates with data engineers and developers using DevOps technology (e.g., Git, GitHub, Jira, Confluence).
What you'll do:
- Translate business questions and concerns into specific quantitative questions that can be answered with available data using sound methodologies. In cases where questions cannot be answered with available data, work with engineers to produce the required data.
- Retrieve, synthesize, and present critical data in a format that is immediately useful to answering specific questions or improving system performance.
- Analyze historical data to identify trends and support decision making.
- Improve upon existing methodologies by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters.
- Provide requirements to develop analytic capabilities, platforms, and pipelines.
- Apply statistical or machine learning knowledge to specific business problems and data.
- Formalize assumptions, create statistical definition of the outlier, and develop methods to systematically identify these outliers - Work out why such examples are outliers and define if any actions needed.
- Given anecdotes about anomalies or generate automatic scripts to define anomalies, deep dive to explain why they happen, and identify fixes - Make Decisions or recommendations.
- Build decision-making models and propose solution for the business problem you defined.
- Conduct written and verbal presentation to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
- Work with statistical and machine learning models, data mining, unstructured data analytics in corporate environments.
- Collaborate with a team of data scientists in developing and delivering machine learning models. that work in a production setting.
- Assess model accuracy using custom metrics over complex date-time and categorical segments.
- Work as key contributor to cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams assembled for large scale data science projects.
- Lead marketing analytics data science platform development in Python.
What you'll need:
- BA/BS in Computer Science Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative disciplines and 6+ years of experience with statistical modeling OR
- MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, or Statistics and 3+ years of experience with statistical modeling, with a minimum of 1 year of analytical experience in marketing analytics.
- Production experience with Python scientific stack required.
- Advanced proficiency with Python/R/SQL.
- 1+ years of experience working within AWS.
- Communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers and product managers.
- Prior experience and continued interest in mentorship and technical development of junior data scientists.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, creativity, organizational, design, and interpersonal skills; ability to work well with all levels of engineers. Confirmed ability to handle multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- Position may require travel.
- Experience in MarTech space.
- Experience in ecommerce marketing analytics.
More Jobs From