Who We Are
Pixability is a video advertising software company that uses data science to optimize large, complex campaigns across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Connected TV. The companys industry-leading optimization and insights solutions are independently verified by the YouTube Measurement Program, the Facebook Marketing Partner Program, Oracles Data Clouds Moat Measurement, and other third parties. Pixabilitys suite of solutions are used by the top media agencies and brands including Dentsu-Aegis, Havas, Interpublic Group, Omnicom, Publicis, and WPP, as well as Swatch, Ford, KIND, LOral, and Puma. For more information about Pixabilitys video advertising platform, please visit www.pixability.com.
Our Award-Winning Culture
Our team is the heart of our culture. We value innovation, collaboration and curiosity with a passion for getting things done. We strive to hire and cultivate the best employees, and foster a culture of open communication and transparency. We are driven and hard-working, but also committed to having fun along the way with weekly catered lunches and happy hours, team outings, and flexible paid time off. Were proud to have been named the Global Leader in Video Innovation in the Google Premier Partner Awards (2017), as well as one of Boston's Coolest Companies by BostInno (2017), and listed on the Inc. 5000 for four consecutive years.
Pixability brings a data-driven, scientific approach to video marketing. We are at the forefront of this revolution and use large-scale data analysis and ML to make video content more effective. Data Science is at the heart of everything we do. We translate our data into information and user empowerment by building advanced analytic tools for operational excellence and product experiences, for both internal and external stakeholders.
As a Data Scientist, youll live in Python notebooks and RStudio. Our day-to-day includes, but is not limited to:
- Using advanced ML (e.g. H2O.ai, TF) to model video ad campaign performance on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram - building the best campaign optimization technology for YT and across platforms.
- Building classification models for YouTube content to empower advertisers
- Building Shiny apps to rapidly expose our analytic capabilities to internal and external stakeholders and test potential product experience for our Pix One platform
- Extensive EDA on complex dynamical systems (i.e., the evolving YouTube ecosystem of auction economics, videos and channel behavior)
- Partnering with our Customer Success and ENG teams to empower the worlds biggest advertising agencies and brands
Who You Are
Youre a hacker, maker and doer. Youre mature enough to say I dont know - and your appetite for learning is insatiable. Youre ultra-collaborative and get along well with other scientists - i.e. you check your ego at the door and prioritize relationships above all else. Unsolved problems keep you up at night. Youre looking for a BIG growth opportunity to get your foot in the door to the field of data science.
Where Youre At in Your Career
- Bachelors or Masters degree (preferred) in computer science, data science, economics, statistics, hard sciences, or related fields; OR if no STEM related undergrad/grad school other demonstrated learning (Coursera/Udacity etc) and project work (Kaggle etc). We dont care about the school you went to - we care about your statistical maturity, your coding chops and how big your proverbial heart is.
- 1+ years experience in several of the following:
- You can hack in Python/R and harness the best libraries in each
- EDA, statistical modeling and ML
- SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL and Snowflake
- Visualizing data
- Familiar with modern DS tools - Docker, Git, Jenkins
- Demonstrable ability to analyze large data sets and provide compelling insights to technical and non-technical people
- A genuine excitement to learn more about online video advertising - weve worked in physics and genomics and can tell you its just as complex and exciting.
Were a small team (4-5) and will grow as the company grows. You will report directly to John Mercer, the Head of Data Science. Our Mission: Differentiate Pixability by applying innovative machine learning and insights to help our customers maximize their Return on Ad Spend (ROAS). Our Principles:
- We adhere to a psychologically safe environment (see HBR article here).
- We know its OK to make mistakes, its not OK to not learn from them
- We experiment a lot - so failed experiments are OK too, but we strive to "fail fast"
- We're accountable to the company and each other.
- We're mission oriented
- We're kind to each other
- We have a growth mindset - we work hard together to learn the truth and develop each other
- We're a group of super heroes, uniquely talented and complementing each other
- We strive for excellence, not "above average" work
- We think BIG
Local candidates only please no relocation is available for this position.
Pixability does not accept/pay fees for unsolicited resumes from third party agencies/vendors
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Pixability is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.