The Learning Corp (TLC) is a fast-growing, next-generation digital therapeutics company that is improving the effectiveness of brain rehabilitation technology through the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our award-winning mobile app, Constant Therapy, features clinically proven exercises for people with brain injury, and cognitive or speech disorders. Constant Therapy has already delivered over 90 Million exercises to patients, is used clinicians in major rehabilitation institutions, and is helping tens of thousands of patients around the world every day.
We are seeking outstanding people that are driven by a desire to make an impact.
TLC has an immediate opening for a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high-quality prediction models integrated with our products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop models to retrospectively analyze TLC’s large-scale dataset to identify clinical insights aligned with clinical research goals
- Develop prediction models using continuous data available from TLC’s platform to predict future user performance (such as patient’s future performance/abilities)
- Apply data science methods to TLC’s data to identify actionable business insights
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Work cross-functionally to develop maintainable, reproducible data science code & projects
- Applied knowledge of machine learning techniques with demonstrated experience in one or more techniques such as linear/logistic regression, random forests, SVM etc.
- Knowledge of trade-offs between different deep learning architectures. Demonstrated experience with implementing one or more specific architectures such as RNN / LSTM is a plus.
- Proficiency with and extracting / formatting / manipulating data from structured databases such as MySQL and unstructured databases
- Excellence with programming languages such as Python, and common data science libraries and toolkits. Knowledge with Tensorflow or Pytorch is a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Knowledge of applied statistical techniques such as linear mixed effects models, T-tests, and Bayesian statistics
- Outstanding professional communications skills
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills, and an ability to manage, define, and prioritize project objectives
- A deep commitment to high-quality output with an appropriate level of focus on details