Are you a Data Scientist tired of commuting to Boston just for a good challenge? Applause has accumulated 10 years of data from hundreds of thousands of crowdsourced testers and is looking to unleash the power of the data. We’re looking for people who genuinely love to roll up their sleeves and use data science and machine learning to solve real business problems.
Who We Are:
Applause empowers global brands to deliver flawless digital experiences to their customers on any device, in every location.
We put your innovation directly into the hands of the world’s largest, global community of 300,000+ professional and everyday testers, using software on every device, operating system, in any location imaginable. Our unique approach goes beyond the limitations of automation and offshoring to give you authentic, input and insight, from real people in real-world settings.
Thousands of the world’s leading digital brands – including Google, Uber, Michael Kors, Amazon, Nike, Slack, and FOX – rely on Applause to delight customers, increase their top line and innovate faster.
Applause has a winning culture, fantastic benefits and tons of potential for career growth.
- Uses best practices to develop statistical machine learning techniques to build models that address business needs
- Uses effective project planning techniques to break down basic and occasionally moderately complex projects into tasks and ensure deadlines are kept
- Uses and learns a wide variety of tools and languages to achieve results (e.g., Python, Scala, R, SAS)
- Collaborates with the team in order to improve the effectiveness of business decisions through the use of data and machine learning/predictive modeling
- Innovates on projects by using new modeling techniques or tools
- Contributes on a wide variety of projects
- Executes on modeling/machine learning projects effectively
- Communicates findings to team and leadership to ensure models are well understood and incorporated into business processes
- Works with leaders to ensure the project will meet their needs
- Reviews and evaluates on appropriateness of techniques, given current modeling practices, to senior leadership
- Have completed at least a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, data science, mathematics, statistics, or physics.
- Experience in using statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques to build models that have driven company decision making preferred
- Experience in managing and manipulating large, complex datasets
- Experience in working with statistical software such as SAS, SPSS, MatLab, R, CART, etc. preferred
- Knowledge of advanced modeling techniques preferred
- Ability to analyze and interpret moderate to complex concepts
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise