Interested in Amazon Echo? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
As a Data Scientist in our Applied Modeling team, you will be responsible for data-driven improvements to our machine learning models. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will:
· Ensure data quality throughout all stages of collection/acquisition, annotation and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, etc.
· Clean, analyze and select data to achieve goals
· Analyze model performance to provide insights
· Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds
· Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
· Work with engineers to develop efficient data infrastructure for both offline and online use cases
· Master's degree in a relevant field
· 3+ years experience with various data analysis and visualization tools
· Experience in Python or another scripting language; command line usage
· Experience with statistical modeling / machine learning and parameters that affect their performance
· PhD’s in a relevant field
· Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and of conducting error/deviation analysis
· Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
· Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
· Strong attention to detail
· Exceptional level of organization
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
More Jobs From