Office Tour Photos
6 River Systems (6RS) is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce has changed the world and our solutions power winning warehouses of the future. Were revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and advanced cloud-based software.
We are searching for an experienced individual to join our growing Systems Insights team as our first dedicated Data Scientist. The team works with the product and engineering to identify opportunities to improve the end-to-end 6RS warehouse automation system. We are looking for an inquisitive and creative data scientist who will use both data analysis and on-the-ground observations (ie qualitative plus quantitative data) to provide insights into the behavior of the robots, their surroundings and ways to increase the performance of the 6RS system. Candidates should be comfortable using visualisations to extract useful observations from large data sets and presenting the findings to internal and external teams. This is a new position on the team and would be an opportunity to help build a brand new data science team at 6 River Systems.
In a "typical" day you could interface with customers to identify performance improvement opportunities. You will work closely with engineering to validate the opportunities; leveraging the data the system is continuously collecting. Finally you will work with product management on getting the more promising features on the roadmap for development and testing back at customer sites. Our environment/culture is fast-paced, collaborative and encourages innovation and creativity. The ideal candidate will be able to grow with the company and take on additional leadership roles over time. This is a unique opportunity; you will have an immediate impact on the success and growth of our company. This role reports to the Head of the Data Insights Team, which is an integral part of our fast growing Product Management team.
- Visit and observe customer sites to generate recommendations for product roadmap.
- Develop KPIs to measure the impact of feature requests for existing customers and work with product management to prioritize
- Experiment with models, simulations and even live full scale warehouses to help prove out improvement opportunities
- Build tools for analyzing system data to provide to other less technical teams
- Cross collaboration with product management, engineering, and customer success teams
- Creatively utilize large data sets to analyze complex and ambiguous problems
- 5+ years of professional work experience (experience as a lead is a plus)
- Undergraduate degree in engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with fluid priorities
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Skilled at answering technical questions in a friendly and encouraging manner
- Experience with SQL, python and data visualization tools
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.
More Jobs From