If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing startup that is disrupting a $5.7Tn market nows the time! Join our team at Takeoff Technologies. Our automated grocery fulfillment system, coupled with our end-to-end technology solution, is helping grocers thrive in an online grocery market.
About the role
The Data Science Manager will be responsible for creating the Data Science teams road map and bring science to decision making for our business partners. The goal for the team is to produce models that can be scaled by our software development teams which enable self-serve analytical capabilities. This ensures the team is always working on the next big and exciting analysis.
The Data Science team at Takeoff solves some of the most analytically challenging problems facing a rapidly growing B2B2C e-commerce startup. The mission of the Data Science team is to unlock deep learning from data in order to help guide the business everything from tactical optimizations to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor.
This is exciting because you will:
- Serve as a consultative partner to multiple teams to understand needs and conduct analyses that will help determine the strategic direction of the company.
- Have the potential to lead a team of 4 to 8 Data Scientists.
- Work with our Integration team to ensure required data is staged via ETL jobs in a way that makes it usable to influence business decisions
- Understand and apply data mining techniques and principles to generate deep insight and discover effective solutions to challenging problems
- Deliver presentations to high-level business stakeholders that tell cohesive, logical stories using data
What you bring to the table:
- BA/BS/MS/or Ph.D., with a strong academic record, ideally in Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Operations Research, Statistics or another quantitative field
- 3-5 years of experience in a corporate, start-up, or research environment, and at least a year leading a team.
- Experience with R, Python, SQL, etc. (advanced programming languages)
- Intense intellectual curiosity a strong desire to always be learning
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving difficult problems
Why youll love working at Takeoff
We're a successful, rapidly growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
Were disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
We're passionate about what we do
We get to be creative on a daily basis
Youll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, and is open to new ideas
We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
We have fun!
What we offer
Here at Takeoff, we offer a competitive salary, health, dental and vision plans, flexible paid time off, and a fun and supportive company culture! Some of our other benefits include:
Fully stocked kitchen and daily catered lunches
Beautiful, well-lit, open office space
Plenty of exciting travel opportunities
Everyone here really believes in what they do. We work hard, but we also know how to have fun!
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability, and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com.in what they do. We work hard, but we also know how to have fun!